lunch break

I woke up by my alarm.. Before slowly opening my eyes, I could feel a terrible headache. I noticed I wasn't laying on my bed, but on the ground. It was only then that I remembered what happened..

I slowly lift myself up from the ground. I was still in the clothing I wore yesterday. I tried to feel my head only to noticed a stinging pain closer to my left eye. I looked around me, but couldn't find my skateboard anywhere anymore.

I stood up and slowly walked towards the mirror only to see a part of my face in black and blue..

He hit me.. and left me on the ground..

I sat back down on my bed to try and get a grasp on what had happened.. my head was hurting, I was even a bit dizzy, my arm still hurts from yesterday..

And I have to be at school in an hour..

I stood up almost out of anger, grabbed my phone and walked downstairs with my backpack. I wasn't gonna be sitting here at home looking my dad in the eyes. Even better, I never wanted to be home anymore in general.. but I guess I have no choice.. where would I go?

As I came downstairs, I heard my mother being busy in the kitchen. "Goodmorning sweety", she said in the same awfull and fake tone like always. She turned her head towards me and noticed my face. I could see her eyes widen a bit, and I could swear she wanted to say something about it, but didn't.. almost as if she was scared, she spoke up again ignoring everything. "You're lunch is in the fridge. Please take it and get to school", she simply said. I shook my head from left to right not understanding how they can be like this.. I opened the fridge, put my lunch in my backpack and started making my way to school. No shower. No breakfast.. I didn't even brush my teeth. But no way I'm gonna risk running into my dad again..

~~~~~~

I was sitting alone at school. We had our break, but I didn't feel like talking to anyone. That was untill I heard a familiar voice coming from behind me. "Hey Hunter, how's your arm?", Reki asked. Without looking back I gave him a bitter reply. "It's fine..", I simply said. "Are.. you alright?", Reki continued. "Yeah I'm fins, please leave me alone", I said again in a monotone voice. "Hunter..", he started putting a hand on my shoulder. I jumped up being scared of the touch. My eyes widened out of panick and I instantly turned around. Reki got a bit scared by my sudden reaction, but that soon changed when I saw him looking at my eye. "Hunter what happened?", he said in a more demanding tone, "that's not from yesterday at the race track".

I calmed down a bit and looked down. "It wasn't. It's none of your business", I replied. "Why did you jump when I touched you? Hunter, who did this to you?", Reki started. I could, yet again, feel my eyes tear up. "Was it a bully? We should talk to the principal about his right now". Reki grabbed my arm and pulled me with. "Reki..", I said but he didn't listen. He almost dragged me along. "Reki stop!", I said pulling back my arm. Reki looked at me in confusion. "It wasn't a bully. But I can't talk about it. I don't want to get into more trouble..", I simply replied. "Can we please just ignore this ever happened?", I asked looking at Reki in hope. Reki sighed in defeat. "Can you atleast tell me who did this to you?", he asked to which I slowly nodded my head from left to right.

Reki suddenly pulled me in a for a hug. I just let it happen not knowing what to do. As he let go, he spoke up again. "You coming to the skatepark tonight?", he asked trying to lift the mood a bit, or maybe to change the subject. "I uh.. don't have a skateboard anymore", I replied. "That's fine, you can use mine if you want", Reki said without questioning why. I had a feeling he knew exactly what happened.. "maybe then..", I started, "can I go back to my lunch now?". Reki gave me a small smile.

"Alright, and if you don't want to go home tonight, you're always welcome to stay at my place"

I gave him a small bow before turning around back to my lunch. "Oh and Hunter", Reki shouted, "Miya will be there tonight too. You have something to talk about I think. And don't forget you still have a day with your crush!", he said trying to mock me a bit. My cheeks got red with the sudden remark from Reki. I kind of forgot all about that..

I know I reacted a bit mad at Miya yesterday, but I was actually really worried about him. But then everything happened at home and..

Pov Reki

"Yo Langa", I said as I sat back next to him. "We're gonna have to keep a closer eye on Hunter", I simply said gaining Langa's attention. He raised an eyebrow at my remark. "What do you mean, why?". "He has an injury on his left eye which I'm kind off worried about". "You told us he fell, yesterday. Couldn't it just be from S?", Lamga said yo which I nodded my head in disagreement. 

"I think Hunter is being abused at home"