The hospital - part 2

"What, are you expecting me to stay the whole night?", Miya asked. I simply nodded my head. "Well, if that means our bet is done, I'll let my parents know".

Miya pulled out his phone out of his pocket. After a few seconds, he put it away again and looked at me. "What do you want to do?", he started, "you wanna play on my switch?". I shook my head no. "Well, what do you wanna do then", he asked me. "I don't know, talk a bit?". Miya shook his head dismissingly. "Talk then", he simply said. "Well, I don't know. Tell me something about yourself", I asked him.

"Uh.. okay? I'm not sure what you want to know, I'm Miya 13 years old and I like skateboarding?". A small laugh escaped my lips. "No you weirdo, something I don't know", I replied. "You're the one thats a weirdo with all you staring and shit", Miya said stubbornly. I looked foreward again as I waited for Miya's answer, but it didn't come. "I don't know what to say about myself. You can ask", he said kinda shyly. "Well, apart from skateboarding, what do you like?", I asked. "My switch?", he replied. "Uhg, atleast try", I said.

"Well, cats?", Miya started, "I guess I like cats". A smile appeared on my face again. "I guess I already knew that, but what about cats you like?". "They're cute. But like, you have to be carefull around them. Like me!", he said excitingly. "Well, you're right in that", I replied. "And you?", Miya suddenly asked. "What.. about me?", I replied. "Well its only fair you tell me something about you too then..". "Oh.. uhm.. I can play the piano", I answered. "Thats kinda.. awsome", he said not wanting to sound to engaged in the conversation even tho I knew he kinda was..

"So.. what was in your notebook?", Miya suddenly asked. "What do you mean?", I said getting startled by his question. "Well, you took it out just before you gave Reki a hug a while back". "Oh, so you did notice..", I said back with a dissapointing tone. "Well yeah, it was obvious wasn't it. But isn't it in your backpack? Let me take a look at it", he said as he stood up. "No! Don't! Thats.. private..", I replied but Miya didn't listen. "What could be so bad that you always have it with you but noone can read it". "No!", I almost shouted as I threw my pillow at him. Miya stood still and his hair was messed up.

Miya rolled his eyes and picked up the pillow only to give it back. All he did was look at me. "Its.. a sort of diary I kept, not to write down everything that happened, but to live an everyday life I wish I had. So.. there are things in there that are really important to me. And also embarrassing..".

"Then why did you put it up as a bet. You clearly don't want people to read it", he said. "Well.. I didn't really think about it. I was a bit blinded by being able to racs against you..", I replied. "Why would it be so important to race against me. I'm not special", he spoke up with kind off a down face. "I guess you are to me", I said looking back foreward. "Why would you say that! Its not like I've done anything for you!", he said with an angey tone. "You let me stay the night, didn't you?".

"But thats.. different", he replied looking down. "No its not". Miya was still looking down. "Here, I'll move over so you can lay on the bed too", I asked. "What are you.. I'm not gonna get into a bed with you?!", Miya replied stubbornly. I rolled my eyes before answering him. "You really gonna make me get our bet involved?".

Miya just groaned and stood up. "Don't do something stupid", he said as he stood up. "I just want you to be comfortable too", I replied. Miya sat on top of the sheets as I made room for him. I didn't have much of the bed left, but it was fine.

I could feel our shoulders touching and my heart was racing because of it, but Miya told me not to do anything stupid, so I won't..

"Isn't that better?", I asked. "Maybe..", He replied.

"Thank you..", I suddenly said fiddeling with the sheets looking down. "For what", he asked. "For being here", I replied.

A few seconds fell before Miya spoke up again. "I'm so sorry for what happened to you. No one should have to go through that..". "It's not your fault. And besides, I didn't know any better".

I could feel pressure forming behind my eyes. It meant more to me to hear Miya say that, then anyone else.

I positioned myself so I was now laying on the bed, and I grabbed Miyas arm. With tears almost falling from my eyes, I pulled his arm closer to me. "Just for tonight", I said almost through the sobs..

I could feel Miya look at me. I don't know if it was in compassion or disgust, but I didn't care. He was making me feel save.

"If that's what you want", he replied still trying to keep his distance, but after a few seconds, I could hear him sigh. He suddenly put his other hand on my hair and gave it one single stroke while also pushing hair out of my face. "Just go to sleep. You deserve some rest".

With a trembling voice, a few words were able to escape my mouth before it became all to much. "I'm so sorry, Miya"

Miya didn't reply as he probably didn't know what to say in this situation. But as I said before.. his presence was enough.. even tho it's been a couple off days, maybe a week or more, he has become more important to me then anything. And to have him next to me right here and now.. I wish I could tell him..