The talk

Pov Hunter

The schoolbell rang. I could feel tears forming in my eyes as I was again. All I could feel was fear. I put the cap of my hoodie over my head and started walking towards the exit. I noticed a comotion at the entrance, but tried to avoid everything.

It was only then I noticed there were police officer's at the entrance. I tried to ignore everything that was going on, but to my surprise, one of the police officer looked at me and spoke to her radio before walking towards me. She noticed me looking back at her and gave me a light smile. As she came closer, she kneeled down on one knee in front off me. "You're Hunter, right?", she asked politely to which I simply nodded in confusion. "Wow thats great. I'm so glad we found you. You're not in any trouble. Don't you worry about that", she said touching the side of my arm. "What's happening ma'am?", I asked her. "Can you maybe come inside with us? We want to talk to you about something. Would that be okey?". I simply nodded agin. "Here you can hold my hand, we'll get through this together".

I took her hand and she led me back inside. Back inside to a room. I could feel all eyes in the school were on me..

She opened the door and a familiar face was behind the door, sitting and waiting at the table. "Reki?", I spoke up. Reki stood up. "Hunter, you're here", he said. But he wasn't smiling. He walked up to me and gave me a hug. I felt really confused as to what was going on.

Shall we sit down? The policeofficer said as she took a seat. Reki let go and looked at me and gave me a small smile.

As we both sat down, the police officer spoke up. "How are you feeling, Hunter?", she asked me. I shrugged my shoulders not really knowing the answer to that question. "I've heard some things that are going on at home. Would you like to tell me something about that?". I looked at her in fear and confusion. "No please, nothings going on. Reki what did you do", I said. I could suddenly feel my heart beating out of my chest. "Hunter please stay calm. As I said, you're not in any trouble", she spoke up. I frantically looked around. "No you don't get it! He will..", but I stopped mid sentence. I suddenly thought back about Reki being in my room about a week ago. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "I fell, I told you.. why did you do this". "Hunter, please", he said trying to comfort me. "Don't touch me!", I shouted in his direction. "You can leave now", the policeofficer said to Reki. Reki looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

As Reki stood up, he walked towards the door. The police officer followed him out and closed the door behind her.

And then it happened. I was all alone with my thought in a room so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I didn't know what to do.. to think.. what will he say, what will he do, why did Reki..

The door then opened again and the woman walked back in. She put a glass of water in front of me as I tried to wipe away my tears. She sighed almost in defeat. "People worry about you Hunter. Can you tell me how you got those bruises on your face?", she started but she could see the doubt in my eyes. "You're safe here. I will make sure nothing off the sorts ever happens again".

I took a sip off my water before continueing. "I d.. didn't.. come home for the night and..", I started. "Where did you stay?", she asked. "I.. was planning on staying the night outside, like I've always done when I didn't want to go home but then Miya found me and..". "Miya? Who is Miya", she interrupted. "A.. friend off mine. He let me stay at his place because he didn't want me to sleep outside". "Sounds like a great friend", she said putting her hand on my arm. I was able to compose myself a bit better. "When I woke up, I didn't want Miya involved and so I left without saying anything but then when I came home he was so mad I..", I couldn't find the words anymore and I guess she noticed. "Who was mad", she asked. "M.. my father", I said breaking out in tears seeing that moment in front off me again. "What did he do?", she asked. "He.. grabbed my arm and then threw me on the floor and my mom wanted to stop him but he hit her too which only made him more mad and then with his hand he slapped me over and over and over and ov..", I cried out not being able to look at her.

"That is enough Hunter, you've done great. We'll get you to the hospital to get you checked out. And don't you worry about having to go to that man ever again. I will personally make sure of it".

We stood up and I walked behind her through the door. Reki was still waiting for me. I almost instantly ran towards him and embraced him. "I'm so sorry I got mad at you", I said crying. "Don't worry about me Hunter. I'm just glad you're safe now", he replied caressing the back of my head.

I didn't wanna let go as I heard Reki speak up again. "Lets go to the hospital together. There are some people waiting for you there", he said with a smile.

I looked at him and I nodded as I let go again wiping away my tears.

This time, I grabbed Reki's hand.