Feelings

"So, first night in you new bed", Reki said as he walked into my new room, "you made yourself comfy yet?".

I was sitting on my bed kinda waiting to get tired. "Yeah, I have", I replied back in a monotone way. "Hey.. are you alright?", I heard Reki ask me while still standing in the doorway. "I can't stop thinking about how Miya's day has been. Did he have a great time? Does he have a girlfriend now?". I heard Reki sigh as he walked towards me. He sat down next to me and started talking. "Even if you knew, it wouldn't change anything. You don't know what his intentions are. Maybe you've got it all wrong.. its best not to dwell to much on it and just ask him it the next time you see him".

"I guess you're right..", I replied still not looking at him.

A silence fell between us. "Look, we're gonna go to the skatepark tomorrow and I'll make sure Miya is gonna be there too. You guys are gonna have a chat and..", Reki said but I interrupted  him. "No.. I don't want to see him right now", I said almost angrily, "I just wanna sleep for now. I'll figure it out". With that, I turned around and layed down on my bed with Reki still sitting next to me. I could hear him sigh before standing up. I was laying with my back towards the room and also towards him.

Reki suddenly leaned over me and pulled the bedsheet on top of me. He suddenly placed something behind my head. "Its a stuffed animal I used to sleep with. It always made me feel safe. I hope it can do the same for you.". My eyes widened at how caring Reki was. But.. he almost sounded so sad saying it.. "goodnight, Hunter..". With that, Reki walked out the room and closed the door behind him.

I turned my head around to see a small pikachu laying next to me. You could see it was really old, and that he has had it for a long time.. I picked it up and turned back around with it. I held it against my chin. I could clearly take in Reki's scent from the stuffed animal, and it made me gain tears in my eyes.

Thank you, Reki..

Goodnight to you too..

~~~~~~

Pov Reki

"Goodmorning mom", I said as I walked into the kitchen. "Goodmorning honey", she replied back. I gave her a kiss on the cheek as I pulled some bread out of the toaster.  I had my backpack for school on my back with everything ready. As I took a bite, I spoke up. "I'm gonna go to school!". "So fast? I thought we would have breakfast together. What about Hunter?", she asked.

My mind trailed back to yesterday evening. "He.. you should let him sleep in. I don't think he's ready for school yet. Give him a couple of days".

"Well okey then", Mom started, "just let me know if he needs something. Are you okey tho? You seem a bit distracted", she suddenly asked. "Yeah, I'm fine", I said with an awkward smile scratching the back of my head. "Well okey then. See you tonight..".

With that I turned around. She was right tho.. I'm not completely fine..

Hearing Hunter talk about Miya like that. It took me a long time to have the guts to talk to him. He was always sitting on that bench and I never knew how to approach him. And then when he left his notebook.. I knew it was a sign!

Then I came to know why he was sitting there.. I was finally able to invite him to come skate with us. But I've realized that.. he was there for Miya.. and I can't get inbetween that!

But..

I've kinda always admired him from afar..

And now he's getting closer..

~~~

Pov Hunter

I suddenly shot awake. My eyes widened and threw the covers away. "School!", I almost shouted, my heart racing.

Within a minute, I got dressed and ran downstairs. Out of breath,  I looked at my phone and it said it was already 11 o'clock. I looked into the kitchen and saw Masae there. "Hunter, goodmorning", she said calmly. "I.. overslept?", I almost asked her noticing how calm she was. "Reki told me to let you sleep. He wanted you to stay home for another day or two. "Oh", I said as I looked down. A warm smile appeared on my face as I thought of what Reki did yesterday.

"Thank you", I said as I slowly sat down at the table. "I feel like Reki cares a lot about me", I said as I looked down at the table. "Thats my sweet son for you", Masae said as she completely turned around to face me. "Its what he does best", she said with a comforting smile. "Would you like something to eat? I can make you something I you want?", Masae asked. "Yeah, I guess I could eat something", I replied kindly.

"I'm home!", we suddenly heard Reki shout as he walking in through the door. "You're here early", Masae said as Reki walked into the kitchen. "I'll be going back, but a class got cancled, and I didn't want to stay at school doing nothing for an hour. I brought Langa with, but he's on the phone right now. He'll be coming in any second". Reki stood in the doorway to the kitchen leaning against the post. I looked at him and a smile appeared on his face.

Pov Reki

Hunter suddenly stood up and walked towards me. I looked at him confused, but he didn't make eye contact. He suddenly put his arms around me and leaned his head against my chest. He was a head smaller then me, so it wasn't that hard for him to do so.

I looked at Mom as I raised an eyebrow, but she simply shrugged her shoulders. I put one hand on his back and the other on the back of his head.

Mom turned back around to what she was doing. And I looked down at Hunter. He hadn't said anything yet, but he didn't need to. If he needs a hug, he gets a hug.

I noticed his eyes were closed with his ear pressing against my chest. A small smile appeared on my face..