𝐓𝐄𝐍

╔══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╗
︳𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ︳
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧
╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

╔══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╗︳𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ︳𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

THE NEXT MORNING, the pit in Blaze's stomach returned. As the five walked through the halls of the maze something about it felt strange to her. When she would turn around she could have sworn that the corridor changed shape and the right turn they had just taken now appeared as if they made a left.

It was also too quiet for Blaze. She imagined the spider could not make its way around the entire maze, and the Gamemakers needed other obstacles for when the games started to get boring. That was clear from how the spider attacked two tributes when there was a lack of killing. She wondered if they were wandering into another trap and something worse was waiting to kill them.

After a few hours of walking and reaching yet another dead end, the five decided to take a break to eat something. They all sat in a circle and ate a bit of leftover fish and a little bit of water. Once they were all satisfied they went back the way they came resuming the search for the other tributes. Blaze looked at the path they were taking and furrowed her eyebrows. "We made two rights to get to that dead end."

Valour looked at her annoyed, picking at her dirty nails. "So?'

"So. We just made a right and then a left. We should have made two lefts if we were coming back the same way. I think the Gamemakers are moving the walls. Changing the maze as we walk."

Ryker looks around and also notices the same thing. "I think Blaze is right. They might be trying to lead us towards something. Maybe another field. Maybe there's something else we might need for later."

"Or maybe they're leading us to the other tributes." Dylan had become more talkative after last night. Deciding to put in more input than normal. "There hasn't been an actual kill in two days. They want us to fight."

Valour nods and grips her spear tighter. "Then lead the way four. I'm itching to get my hands dirty again."

Dylan's jaw clenches as he looks at her but he says nothing as he turns around and continues walking. The rest follow behind and soon they reach an intersection with three other directions they could go.

Suddenly the top of the arena begins to darken and Blaze realizes the room they're in is being covered with a ceiling of stone. Then they're swallowed in darkness. Blaze panics as her vision is taken from her and she feels around for anyone or anything. Something touches her back and she squeaks but someone shushes her. "It's ok, B. Just hold my hand and follow me."

It seems that Ryker has paid attention because he guides them to one of the walls and begins to feel down them to find his way around in the dark.

"Guys where is everyone?" That's Valour's panicked voice but someone shushes her and Blaze assumes it's Ripley or Dylan. She sounds far away and Blaze wants to run over and pull her with them, but she couldn't even if she wanted to.