𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

╔══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╗
︳𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ︳
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

╔══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╗︳𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 ︳𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧╚══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════╝

BLAZE DID NOT DARE glance back at Ripley as they walked through the dark corridors. She knew it was unfair to snap at the girl, but she couldn't help but blame her for Ryker's death.

Ryker. He didn't deserve it. He told her to win but she didn't even deserve it now. With how badly she treated him before. How much she was absent from his life the older they got. She never deserved him. He always stuck by her and yet she couldn't even bring herself to tell him she loved him until he was being murdered right in front of her.

She was a terrible person.

Blaze had never told anyone she loved them before. The only time she ever heard those three words was when Ryker said them to her. Her father obviously would never stoop so low as to show her that much affection and her mother was basically mute where she was concerned. It had always been Ryker keeping her together. Keeping her sane. He was her everything. He was the only thing she even cared about now. She didn't care about these games anymore. She just wanted him back.

Walking further Blaze noticed that the vines started to appear again. Whatever section they were in before had obviously been tampered with by the gamemakers. They wanted one of them to die, either for entertainment or because they wanted to speed up the game. But either way all of them were not leaving that corridor alive. Blaze needed to apologize to Ripley. If this was where she needed to be different, she would start with apologizing for blaming the girl when everyone in these games were terrified. Blaze remembers Yara and how Ryker had comforted her in her last moments.

Sighing Blaze runs her fingers through her hair. "Hey, Ripley, I'm really sorry–". Blaze didn't get to finish her sentence as she was tackled to the ground and the air was knocked out of her. Her scythe clatters to the ground sliding away from her and Blaze looks up in confusion as Ripley towers over her.

The girl is holding a knife to her throat and Blaze simply stares, dazed and confused. "No hard feelings, Blaze. Dylan and I were going to break off from you guys a long time ago, but things got complicated."

Blaze tries to buck out of Ripley's hold but the girl pulls something from her back pocket, the rope she had gotten from the feast. She used it to tie Blaze's hands and feet together, preventing her from grabbing anything to fight back. "Dylan and I didn't tell you about us having the sunglasses already. We knew we would need it later."

Blaze struggles against the rope, only half listening to Ripley's rant. I guess everyone in district four talked too much. Was she going to kill her or were they going to have tea and talk about her entire life story first?