Chapter 2: Pasts

Ooooh, Lil backstory coming up :]

Thousands of years ago, before the fall of Cybertron

Soundwave sat and glared at the floor. He hated the noise around him. He hated all the medics rushing around. He hated everyone and everything in the world right now.

Well, except for the Panther curled around his pedes and the small chick he had cradled in his arms. Laserbeak and Ravage were all he loved. There had been one other, his carrier, but he knew she was gone thanks to the ache still throbbing in his spark. His slag helm of a sire was probably crying over her dead body in the room down the hall like he didn't hit and abuse her basically every day. Soundwave despised him and the fact he looked almost exactly like the violent mech and nothing like the kind and gentle femme that had just left them.

But there was also one being he despised more right now.

He could hear its cries in the room behind him. More focused on keeping the carrier alive, the sparkling she'd just brought into the world had been left alone, bawling its lungs out after they made sure it was healthy.

Soundwave clutched his arm, the noise from that thing gritting into his helm. He hated it, he loathed it and wanted it gone. The birth had killed his carrier, and it was the murderer.

Finally, he had enough.

Ravage looked up as the navy teen stood and walked into the room, soon following as he felt like he knew what was going to happen.

Soundwave stood over the crib, looking down darkly at the sparkling that tossed and turned inside it, shrieking for someone but only he and his symbiotes heard it. Like him, it bore more resemblance to the mech who made his life hell, just giving him more reason to proceed. Ravage gave a warning growl to his young master but he was ignored.

To Soundwave, this thing was just a burden on the family. All it did was take. It couldn't get money like he could, it couldn't fend for itself like he could. And it most definitely wouldn't be able to survive like he could. 

He found himself unhooking the tentacles under his chassis watching them creep over the rails and into the small box, towards the child inside it. It would probably be killed sooner or later. This was Kaon after all. It was no place for the weak.

Only the strong could survive.

And this thing was inferior to him.

The appendages reared up, poised over its spark and starting to spin. He would end it, right here, right now. He didn't care what the consequences were. He just wanted to avenge his carrier, the only bot who'd loved him.

But the sound of drilling that the tentacles made caught the child's attention. It opened its large optics and looked up, tears still soaking its face. The small helm turned and looked at him, their optics locking for the first time.

And Soundwave felt his frame go numb.

It was those optics. Those optics seemed far too big for something so small. The sparkling was dull from just being born but those optics shone like stars, the same swirling blue and purple as the ones he'd look into when he lay on his carrier's lap as she stroked his helm and gently sang to him.

This sparkling had her exact optics.

The longer he looked, he finally realized that it was a femme as well. The color was slowly leeching into her frame from being hooked up to a small energon tub by her arm. It was turquiose as well... like his carrier.

Soundwave let out a sob and fell to his knees, the tentacles also going limp and falling next to the child. His helm fell and he stared at his shaking servos. He couldn't take her life. How could he? How seconds ago, was he prepared to end the little femme next to him? That would mean... that would mean he was just like his sire.