Chapter 3: Present

By the way, these first couple of chapters are going to be set before the beginning of Transformers Prime, meaning Megatron ain't there yet, there are only a few Autobots (I think) and stuffs changed. Also, I am going to be making changes to the timeline, meaning the Decepticons were on Earth for a while before the two sides finally clashed and I am going to be adding some characters from other continuities for ya know...

✨plot✨

Back to the present 

Soundwave gave the command for Laserbeak and Ravage to reattach to his frame as he held the small sparkling tucked in his arms while he called for a groundbridge. Enigma looked up at him, tilting her helm with one small thumb stuck in her mouth and she gave a questioning click.

'Soundwave: Taking you to Nemesis.' He said in his electronic voice. A little frown appeared on her face when she heard it. She reached up with one of her tentacles and pat his visor, wanting to see his face and hear his real voice. Her big brother simply held the tiny appendage, letting it curl around his servo while the blue and green vortex appeared in front of them and he walked into it.

The minute he stepped out, Soundwave looked down at the sparkling. She swayed in his arms, blinking rapidly. Knowing what was about to happen, he quickly leaned her over and let her throw up onto the floor as one usually does after their first time going through.

He looked up to see two vehicons staring at him from the controls. 'Clean this mess,' Megatron's voice growled from his visor and he started walking off, gently wiping Enigma's face clean as she gave a small groan, waiting for the nauseating feeling to pass.

Hitching her onto his shoulder and letting her grab onto his neck, he gently rubbed her back to help, feeling her small servos grab onto his neck cables and she buried her face in them. 

Soundwave made his way down the halls of the Nemesis to the medbay so he could check her over. He knew he'd have to do it by himself if there were no vehicons there, the team currently lacked an official medic, meaning he'd have to take care of everything that went wrong with his little sister.

'Soundwave!' A sharp, screechy, and annoying voice rang out behind him, 'Report! What did you find?! And what are you carrying there?!'

The lanky navy mech didn't answer, turning slowly to look at Starscream as he stomped down the hall towards them. 'Well?' He demanded, looking at Soundwave expectedly, 'Are you going to report or just stand there like a buffoon?!'

But the communications officer did neither.

Instead, he carefully moved his arm in a way so that his little sister was hidden as he turned and walked away.

'Soundwave!' Starscream screeched but was ultimately ignored by said mech, more interested in Enigma than the demanding, self-proclaimed leader of the Decepticons.

Once out of sight, he removed the protective arm and looked down at her. She looked up at him and gave a small click, holding one servo over her ear. Sound just nodded and pat her helm, 'Starscream: Annoying,' He agreed.

Enigma just gave a little sigh and rested her helm sideways on his shoulder, sucking her thumb and turning a bit so she could see where they were going, looking at the halls and occasional vehicons that stared as they passed. None had expected to see a sparkling since basically all of them had been killed in the purge of Cybertron and even less expected her to be a little duplicate of the larger bot holding her.

She just giggled when a few did a double take, something that made Soundwave smile under his visor and rub her helm.

Finally arriving at the medbay, he put her down on one of the berths there, having to get her to sit still before he could quickly go and find what he wanted. Just a few tools to examine her with. After an examination when he first found her, he didn't see anything wrong but didn't want to take the chance with an underlying condition.