Chapter 4: Trouble

Soundwave's servo twitched as he stood on the bridge, watching Starscream and the few vehicons gathered around the ship below, all of them looking up at the sky expectantly.

The Nemesis's external sensors detected a signal and he watched the holographic projection of another ship descending into Earth's atmosphere, coming to land right by them. A few Deception life signals pinged from onboard, making his tentacles curl over the keyboard.

He wasn't worried about the group of mechs he was currently watching, walking towards Starscream and the vehicons, one of them bigger than all the others.

What he was worried about was where they were going. He pulled up a schedule of the vehicons shifts around the ships and tensed when he saw ST3V3 was exactly where he feared he would be.

On the bridge.

Soundwave zoomed in on the cameras, trying to figure out who was among the group. What he saw, he didn't exactly call promising.

On the bridge——————

'All units stand by,' Starscream's voice said over the communication line, 'And prepare to welcome our newest arrivals.'

The drones jumped at the screechy voice and whipped around, all looking at ST3V3. The mech was also looking down at his chassis where the sparkling carrier was and inside it, fast asleep, was Enigma.

One walked over, watching the small femme as she mumbled and leaned back against the vehicon holding her, 'Damn fool's going to wake her up,' N04H said while ST3V3 gently rubbed her helm.

'And if he wasn't bad enough, you should see who's coming onto the ship,' W1LL called, pointing to the outside cameras.

The other two leaned forward to the monitor, trying to see who he was talking about but didn't have time as the groundbridge roared into life behind them.

They all turned, waiting to see who came through.

The vehicons that had gone with Starscream hurried back into the ship, going to the three and gathering. 'Heads up, we got some loud ones,' J4M3S whispered, nodding his helm to Enigma.

ST3V3 nodded, keeping one arm around her while he quietly tried to slip away before anyone else came through.

But he was too late.

'Who's ready for chaos?!' Someone yelled as he walked through the bridge, his arms spread wide. ST3V3 froze and spun around with a wide visor.

Barricade grinned at the terrified group as they hurriedly pulled their friend and the sparkling back into the protective huddle.

'Shut up man!' Another two bots walked through behind Starscream, making the drones gulp. They looked almost exactly like the second in command of the Decepticons, only they had blue and purple instead of his red.

Thundercracker scowled at Barricade, 'You've been going on and on about destroying things the whole way here. Can we please get a break?!'

His trine mate just laughed, slinging his arm around his shoulder, 'Come on Thunder,' Skywarp grinned, his visor gleaming with excitement, 'Let him have his fun. As long as he doesn't bother us!'

'Oh don't worry,' Barricade laughed then looked at the drones who flinched back, 'Im gonna have my fun with these guys.'

Two more came in after them which included the large one. He walked forward and slapped the black mech on his back, 'Come now,' Astrotrain grinned, 'Let's not terrorize the drones on our first day here.'

'I don't even know why you bother defending them,' Blitzwing scoffed, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall, 'Stupid cannon fodder.'

'Hey, we're just as alive as you are!' N04H spoke up, standing in front of ST3V3 and blocking the sparkling on his chassis from view.