Chapter 5: Growing

So this chapter's going to have a time skip so after the first break, a few years are going to pass.

——————

The navy mech sprinted down the halls of the Nemesis as fast as he could, ST3V3 and the other vehicons calling for him to come.

His spark hammered in his ears, all the worst scenarios playing through his helm of things that could've happened.

Barricade had occasionally gotten too close to Enigma a few times after beating up more vehicons. No matter what the TIC did, he always seemed to know when the sparkling had the least protection.

Ravage and Laserbeak detached from his chassis and went ahead, getting to the room before him.

Sound skidded into the room and looked around wildly, tentacles out and ready to fight, only to find his two symbiotes perfectly calm and staring at the small group of mechs.

Thundercracker looked over and waved for him to come over, looking at his purple brother as Skywarp held out his servos on either side of Enigma, vehicons clustered around him.

The seeker had finally been able to gain his trust and as a result, was now able to spend time and play with Enigma.

The little femme had immense concentration on her face as she leaned on the bigger mech for support, standing on two wobbly legs. She looked up and clicked to ST3V3 who was sitting a few feet away. He nodded and held his servos out to her.

Enigma smiled and let go of Skywarp, shakily taking a few steps towards the drone, her tentacles, and arms out for balance. Soundwave immediately started recording when he realized what was going on, kneeling next to Thundercracker.

Enigma let out a surprised squeak as she tripped halfway there. Sound was off his pedes and reached for her, only for the little femme to be caught by Cyclonus who was standing off to the side.

The TIC gave a small sigh and nodded to the purple mech as he returned the gesture and helped her stand back up, showing her how to balance better.

The sparkling let out a series of happy clicks and chirps as she stumbled over to ST3V3 who laughed and picked her up, 'You're walking!' He said, hugging her close, 'You finally did it!'

Enigma squealed and hugged him back, nuzzling into his chassis.

'Hey, look who came to join us,' He said, turning her and pointing at Soundwave. At the sight of her brother, the child's face lit up and she squirmed, reaching for him.

ST3V3 put her down and watched as she hurried over to him, Ravage walking with her in case she fell. Luckily, that was only when she reached him, Sound catching her as she tumbled into his arms. His tentacles detached and let hers wrap around them.

He lifted her to his face and nuzzled her stomach, making her laugh which caused the other mechs around her to 'Awwww'.

'Enigma: Excellent work.' Sound smiled, rubbing the spikes on her head where he knew she liked him too. The femme purred like a cat and leaned into him.

——————

Soundwave looked back and watched Astrotrain playing with Enigma. She'd gotten a bit bigger but was still small enough that she sat snugly in his cupped hands.

'Come on, show me your teethies,' He grinned, using one digit to stroke her helm. The little femme laughed and opened her intake, displaying the rows of small dentas that had gotten surprisingly sharp and pointy though it made her jaw sore.

The large mech had made it his job to check on her every day, scanning her intake and making sure none of them were growing wrong or poking into the soft mesh of her cheeks.