Chapter 6: Panic

Soundwave smiled as he watched the little turquoise sparkling jump onto ST3V3 and started banging the wooden sword against his chassis. 'Fear me!' She cackled in the only way someone her age could, 'Puny Autobot!'

Soundwave didn't doubt for one second that sentence was the work of Skywarp or Blitzwing.

He looked at the child who now reached up past his knee. She'd shot up quite a bit in the last couple of years. Not much has changed about her frame, though now she wore a piece of black cloth over her face. It had strings attached that hooked around the spikes on her helm and the plating under her chin, a copy of her older brother's visor. Only hers wasn't glass and had two large circles cut in the face so she could see, her blue and purple optics full of playfulness.

'No! Spare me mighty Enigma!' The vehicon yelled, lifting his servos in a feigned attempt to stop her, acting like he was dying while she continued weakly hitting him.

Someone clearing their throat made the two stop and look up as Cyclonus was looking at them. 'Remember what I taught you,' He said, pointing at Enigma, 'Servos further down on your sword and strike vital points. Never prolong a death longer than you have to.'

'Ok!' The femmling called cheerfully and stepped back, lining her sword with the plating over his spark, the drone waiting patiently until she stabbed.

Of course, it didn't even scratch his armor but he cried out and clutched his chassis, arms reaching up before he made a choking sound and went limp. Enigma gave a victorious laugh and stood on his chest, lifting her arms wide.

Skywarp suddenly appeared behind her and grabbed her under the arms, lifting the sparkling into the air, 'And we have our winner!' He cheered, watching her squeal happily and brandish her sword.

'Skywarp: Stop encouraging her,' Soundwave said, though was smiling as he walked over.

'Come on Sounders,' Thundercracker grinned, leaning against the desk next to his trine mate, 'Let them have their fun.' 'No, he's right,' Cyclonus said, leaning back against the keyboard, 'You need to let her lose at least once so she does not expect to win every fight with someone twice her size.'

'Maybe, when she's older,' NO4H laughed as he and the other vehicons walked over. Skywarp grinned and hoisted her onto his shoulders before running out, Enigma yelling happily and pointing her sword forward with the drones running behind her.

All except for one.

Soundwave looked as ST3V3 walked over and bowed slightly before speaking, 'You wanted to ask me something, sir?' He asked. The silent mech nodded and turned fully to speak with him, 'Request: Take Enigma to see the mines.'

He was sure the vehicon would've frowned if he had a face, 'Sir, I don't mean to question your decision but are you sure that's a good idea with all the raids that have been happening recently?' He asked nervously.

Soundwave nodded, 'Soundwave: Will assist you in this trip. Mine: Has yet to be discovered. Enigma: Requires knowledge of what we do.'

'What about Barricade?' Thundercracker asked from next to him, 'He's been oddly quiet lately and I've been around him long enough to know that's never a good thing.'

'We assigned Blitzwing to keep an eye on him since he was appointed chief of security,' Cyclonus answered for Soundwave, 'He has been keeping to a regular schedule and has yet to make any attempts to go near Enigma. Trying to go against so many bots would be unlikely as she will be surrounded by quite a few today.'

Soundwave nodded in agreement and looked at the blue seeker, 'Enigma: Will be safe,' He said.

Enigma looked around with a big smile as she sat on her brother's shoulders. He walked through the groundbridge, Cyclonus right behind him as well as a few vehicons.