Chapter 1

Hyacinth Onnora or Honey as she was nicknamed by her childhood friend was a shy but loved girl by many in her hometown.

Her parents Ophelia and Richard were loving and kind and worked hard to provide for their small family, having only Richards parents left.

"Mummy?" Hyacinth asked her beloved mother.

Her mother was staring out the door and the small girl was beginning to feel cold from the cold Winter air.

"Honey, go upstairs please" her mum spoke not taking her eyes off whatever she had been staring at.

"Yes, Mummy" the young girl obeyed and pulled herself up the steep carpeted stairs.

She shuffled to her window and climbed up onto the windowsill.

She was curious as to what her mother had been staring at for the past five minutes.

She peered through the glass to look below.

There was her father, he was kneeling in front of her mother a few feet away.

There were men in blue and black uniforms holding guns that were pointing at her parents.

More specifically her father.

The young girl frowns.

Mummy and Daddy were good, why were the policemen arresting her Daddy?

They pull him up and handcuff him before pushing his head down as he climbs into the back of the police car.

They approach her mummy and motion towards the car, she points upstairs and says something before her mother is escorted to another car, her mummy wasn't handcuffed.

The door is left open while the policeman that spoke to her mother walked into the house.

The young girl sits on her bed hurriedly as she hears the loud footsteps of the man walk up the stairs.

The door opens with a creak "Hyacinth?".

The girl stares wide eyed at the man before nodding "you and your mummy are going on a little trip somewhere nice okay? You want me to help you pack while mummy's friends pack for her?" The girl frowns.

"Why can't Mummy pack?" She watches the man look anywhere but at her.

"Your mummy is in a bit of trouble because of your daddy, so we are making sure she is safe right now, we need to take you to her after you pack, okay?" He asks the young girl, finally noticing her two toned colored eyes.

"Okay" she agrees as she starts pushing her teddies into a suitcase.

The man grabs bin bags and starts shoveling her clothes into them "just to make them easier to carry, not going to bin them, don't you worry".

She stays quiet as she finishes packing everything either into bags or into two suitcases.

The man throws the bags out the window and carries her suitcases down the stairs with the eight year old trailing behind.

He walks her to her mothers car and she climbs in before the door closes and all her stuff is thrown into a police van.

"Mummy? What did daddy do?" The girl asks.

"He hurt someone baby, hurt someone dangerous" she sighs sadly.

The girl was stunned as her father wasn't a violent man.

Unless threatened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been 8 years since her family had been separated.