Chapter 13

I don't remember much after I ran from the killers, only flashes of scenes.

Scenes of trees, of a store, a row of houses and finally of where I am right now.

Our flat.

Lilly wasn't here and she wasn't answering my calls.

I would wait until tomorrow at least.

If they wanted her dead they would have done it before they spent time with her.

Right?

I go around locking all the windows and doors, ensuring no one could get in, i even went through each room looking in any hiding spots.

They didn't follow me either.

I should call the cops right?

They would already know, wouldn't they?

Bill's house's street had many neighbours, they would've called the police.

I think back to the scenes I remember, none had anyone in it, not a soul.

I look out the window, peeking between my blinds to look out onto the street.

No one was around.

I glance at my clock.

11:54PM.

On a Saturday.

People would be coming home from the bar or club, or from hanging with their friends.

But there wasn't a soul.

I shiver as I glance anxiously at my phone.

Please be alright Lilly.

I hear my phone ding and immediately unlock it to check.

Everything is good here, sleep well Sweetheart x-Dwayne.

Well at least all was okay with them at least.

I feel a warmth at my back and spin to check.

Nothing.

Was I losing my sanity?!

I think back to the blurs and feel my skin crawl.

Was it real?

I hest another ding and glance down at it.

I'm fine Honey, staying with Lester 2nite-Lilly.

I feel myself relaxing slightly at that, even though they were serial killers, Lester seems to adore my step sister.

I place my phone on the coffee table and sit down on the couch, rubbing my tired eyes.

Was I safe?

"Sleep well Dal'Zan" i whisper as i lay my head on the arm of the couch and close my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bal'ak's POV

I watch the ooman female as she curls up on the small leather seating the oomans call a couch.

I kneel beside her as i feel for her pulse, it was indeed irregular.

I scan her vitals once more before growling in frustration.

Nothing seemed wrong!

But her heart beat was too strange.

She reminded me of an Ut'dambal'aman.

A creature from the Cambart planet.

It was a beautiful creature but it had 2 hearts and 5 legs, it was scaled but it walked like the Oomans do.