Chapter 7

I yawn as i approach the kitchen, the guards having left me at the end of the hall.

I found i preferred my patients to my colleagues, it was quite funny to figure out i prefer psychotic murderers-mostly, to sane human beings.

I guess i never was much of a people person.

I shake my head of the thoughts as i enter the kitchen, opening the freezer and fridge to check what was stored.

The freezer was huge!

But dirty.

I scrunch my nose up as i notice the dirt on the floor, looking at the shelves for dates on the meat.

Thankfully there was a lot of sealed steak on a middle shelf, probably for the staff.

I grab an armful and count it out as one per person before searching for some macaroni in the pantry, i grab a cheese block and milk before grabbing a cheese sauce packet, call me lazy but trying to make anything from scratch wasn't really my thing.

I wash my hands.

I fill a pan up with the macaroni and water before putting it on the heat.

I start mixing the cheese mix with the milk on the heat before letting it sit.

I turn to the steak and start cooking them before chopping it up to add on top of the mac and cheese.

I had decided i would give everyone the same apart from the pure carnivores.

Tomorrow i would cook a curry.

I sigh as i think of the Predator and Creeper, i would have to feed them by hand, that would not be fun.

I would have to feed them last.

As my third steak was cooking i go into the freezer and stare at the large chunk of meat, it was from a cow according to the label, but how was i going to feed it to them?

I see a saw off to the side and palen, seriously?

I walk back out and flip the steak, going for medium rare for everyone.

I sigh and glance at the open freezer before looking towards a yellow apron.

May as well commit.

As much as i probably would hate meat after it.

I would need to order some legs or some shit for those two.

I flip open my pad as i pull the steak out of the pan and lay it on a chopping board before putting a new one in.

I write down what meat i needed to order and general groceries.

The damned Asylum could pay me back for it all.

I also list new clothes down since all of their clothes had looked old.

It was obvious this high risk ward was a throwaway ward and i didn't like that.

They were still living beings after all.

After 20 more minutes of cooking steak and sawing a cow in half i was finally done

That was a new experience.

I pull the apron off, throwing it in the washing machine before washing my hands once more.

I grab a pair of gloves as i lift the pieces of meat onto a tray on the bottom half of a metal trolley.

I pull the gloves off after and lay them to the side of them before grabbing two tea towels and lifting the large pot of mac 'n' cheese and the container of cut up steak on the top.