Chapter 2

After 4 years me and Lilly had become close.

After the traumatising incident Lilly had clung to me, even after mother and Martin had returned early and fawned over us.

I had just finished my courses. I had my nursing and psychology degree, i had even received an offer of additional training at Rosewood Asylum for the criminally insane.

Lilly had taken a course in nursing and had passed with a little help from me, she wanted to save peoples lives, i wanted to save their minds.

Lilly retook her last year of high school and passed all her exams to be able to study for 3 years to become a nurse. We finished our courses a month apart, me being the first to finish.

Lilly and I were now in her car, driving to our new flat, a 20 minute walk from the Asylum and 20 minute drive from the hospital Lilly was now working at.

I was to stay at the asylum Monday to Friday and had the weekends off to return home, Lilly most likely would work long shifts and sleep in the staff dorms if her shifts were close together.

I, honestly, was looking forward to the freedom, for four years Lilly was glued to my side, 2 years ago Martin and my Mother had moved abroad permanently.

They very rarely visited or even called.

I hadn't heard from them in over a year.

It didn't bother me, they still sent us money as a 'precaution'.

I glance at Lilly as she drums her fingers to the beat of the song.

Freedom.

I loved her like my real sister but i really wanted to get away.

Our parents had dumped her on me and told me to take care of her.

Well now she would look after herself.

I climb out of the now parked car and walk to the boot, waiting for the click of it unlocking.

It clicks and i pull it up before grabbing the bags and carrying them to the front door and dropping them.

Lilly was unlocking it and could take them inside while i grab more.

We had a van to unload too, and a lorry of furniture Lilly had ordered.

I hoped she had chosen black, pink or blue for my room.

I carry the new bags inside and drop them on the floor.

"Honey, the truck with the furniture should arrive soon, you can't leave them there!" Lilly huffs and i roll my eyes.

"You move them then, i have more to grab" i tell her sassily.

After an hour of arriving at our new flat the lorry with all our new furniture had arrived.

I walk outside, trailing after Lilly who immediately greeted the two men before ordering them on where to put the heavy furniture.

We would take the lighter items inside, like side tables, lamps, etc.

Another two and a half hours later we bid the men goodbye and started to unpack our own things into the new furniture, starting with the living area, then the kitchen/diner, bathroom and finally we separated to our rooms.

Thankfully i had oak furniture with pink finishes, most of my clothes were black with neon designs on it.

"Honey!" I hear Lilly call from downstairs as i placed my last book on my bookshelf next to a porcelain statue of a black cat.

"Yeah?!" I shout back, not wanting to move.

"You have mail! I'm busy, fetch it!" I sigh and stand up, stretching out my back and legs as i had been sitting cross legged for the last hour.