Chapter 12

I sigh as i walk out the mall, turns out Lilly was going to ignore my warning.

I thought she knew better.

Guess not.

I scuff my boot as i slowly walk along the path, keeping an eye to my right where the darkness of the forest was.

There was still the matter of the other ones that weren't at the mall.

My head snaps up as i see a curly blonde laughing with some other girls.

"Laurie, you should come with us to the party!" I shake my head at that thought, no partying for me for definite.

"No, i need to babysit Annie!" She groans "don't give me that look, i need the money".

"Boo!" Annie pouts as they finally pass me.

"Hey miss, you dropped something!" I glance back to see the blonde holding up a card.

"No...i don't think-" i start.

"It just fell from your pocket" the third girl states.

I frown "Lynda be nice!" Laurie scolds her friend "sorry, she is a little..bold" i nod slowly before taking the card and flipping it.

It was a black card with gold lettering.

Bateman.

Who the hell was Bateman?

It had a number at the bottom "well this is new" i mumble while stroking each letter.

"Maybe someone picked up your stuff and accidentally gave it to you without you realising?" Annie suggests.

I shrug "i have no idea, but thank ladies" i nod my head as I turn on my heel.

"Wait.. I know it's a bit random...but can you babysit some kids with Laurie? Don't look at me like that, those kids are a handful!" Annie glares at Laurie as i see her shoulder relax.

"How long are you babysitting for?" I ask.

"Just until 11, when Bill's parents get back" Laurie sighs and i nod.

"Sure, i'll help i guess, i got ditched by my sister anyway" i agree, they seemed nice.

"Alright we got another girl to add to our collection!" Lynda chuckles and i raise my eyebrow at her quizzically.

"She means we are not a trio anymore so we can have equal time with one another" Annie tries explaining when she notices my facial expression.

"Alright then, you guys got a party or something?" I ask randomly, remembering their conversation from earlier.

"Yeah, we'll be gone for like 2 weeks though after, its a long term thing" i frown.

A long term party?

"You didn't tell me you were going to be gone for a few weeks!" Laurie complains sadly.

"Didn't we?" Lynda look to Annie who shakes her head.

"Guess not" Annie confirms.

I glance around absently as i feel my skin crawl.

Paranoia my old frien-.

My eyes meet a hockey mask in the darkness of the trees and i tense, falling behind the girls slightly.

"Hey, we didn't get your name yet!" Annie calls out and i look towards her before glancing back.

Nothing.

"Hyacinth, you can call me Honey, how old are you girls?" I ask, glancing at the trees cautiously.