6 - Home Is With You!

"Kacchan! I'm done with the laundry!" 

"Good! Put it in our room, I'm done with the vegetables!" 

"Okay!" 

The rice cooker beeps a short tune, signaling that the rice is done. Katsuki puts the vegetables and the chicken into the pan with oil. They start to sizzle, and he starts to work on the dishes. It's another free day for the two of them, so they are doing chores. 

The sun streams from the patio window into the living room, making the carpet warm. He is proud that everything looks so clean. Deku is a tornado of mess when he's home, despite him trying to be as careful as possible. 

Katsuki notices how quiet it is after Izuku goes into the room and pauses. There is no noise, and he knows that only means one thing and one thing only. He yells in the direction of their shared bedroom, the door open. 

"Deku you better not be laying on the fucking laundry again!" 

He hears the green haired nerd groan, before he hears the sound of the bed creaking.  

"But it's so warm!" 

He sighs and continues with the dishes, before turning his back away from them to move the vegetables and chicken around. Deku walks into the kitchen, his green hair messy. He has a white T shirt on with the words 'Home T-Shirt' on it, and black basketball shorts. 

He walks to the sink and starts to do the dishes, Katsuki focusing on cooking. The nerd peeks over at the stove, checking to see if the food is done every minute when he thinks Katsuki isn't paying attention. The tenth time it happens, Katsuki has to scold him. 

"Deku! If you're finished with the dishes, go fold the laundry!" 

Izuku sighs, his shoulders slumping slightly before he walks out of the kitchen, the dishes neatly put in the drying rack. After twenty more minutes, Izuku's head pops into the kitchen again. 

"Kacchan-" 

"Go set the table." 

Izuku's eyes brighten, and he smiles once he sees that the food is done and being plated. 

"Okay!" 

Katsuki rolls his eyes and brings the two plates over to the table, Izuku cleaning it up and sitting down when Katsuki does so. The food is hot, soft whisps of steam rising from it when he sets them down. 

Izuku's stomach rumbles, but he waits until Katsuki picks up his own chopsticks. 

"Thank you for the food!" 

Izuku starts to dig in, and not even a bite in, he is gushing about it. Katsuki eats, much slower than his husband. 

"It's so good Kacchan! You're the best!" 

"Of course it's good nerd, I fucking made it!" 

Izuku smiles at him and puts his chopsticks. Katsuki puts his down too, and Izuku moves his arm and holds his hand. 

"What do you want to do after lunch Kacchan?" 

Katsuki tightens his hand around his, and shrugs. 

"There is this hiking trail that looks pretty kick ass..." 

"Perfect! I'll get our backpacks!" 

Katsuki smiles and kisses his hand, and they continue to eat.