13 - Babysitting!

Katsuki is trying to be patient as he waits for the sound of knocking to ring through the house. He folds the laundry, trying to distract himself, but the feeling of restlessness doesn't go away. He is about to start angerly mopping the kitchen when he hears a soft knock at the door. 

He practically races over to it, gripping the door handle. He opens it and looks down, his eyes meeting big red ones. The little girl standing on his doorstep has a teddy bear in her grip, a shy smile on her face. 

"Kacchan!" 

He is about to ask Eri where her dad is, but then there is a honk. He looks and sees a black car idling in the street. The window is rolled down, and Aizawa's face looks back at him. 

"Hey! I'll be back to pick her up later!"

"Okay old man!"

Hizashi is in the passenger, a big grin on his face as he waves goodbye with both of his hands.

"Bye Eri!! Be good!" 

Eri yells back,

"I will papa!!" 

Him and Deku are still pretty close with the two, despite having graduated high school years ago. The two of them needed a babysitter so they could go on a date, and they called Katsuki. When he told Izuku about it when he was at work, the nerd was disappointed not being able to be there to see Eri. 

The car zooms off, and the little girl waves goodbye to the car. She looks back at him, stars in her eyes. She is practically vibrating with excitement, and he has a pretty good guess about what she's so excited about.  

"Can I have cat cookies, Kacchan?!" 

"Course you can brat."

Katsuki ruffles her light blue hair and lets her into the house. She drops her pink backpack on the floor next to the door, putting it down neatly. She takes off her shoes and places them by her backpack carefully. 

He goes over to the kitchen, getting stuff out to start making cookies. Eri looks over the counter at him, watching with big red eyes. He silently picks her up and puts her on one of the chairs, sliding it over to the counter. 

She smiles and puts her teddy bear in her lap, swinging her legs. Katsuki brings out the cookie cutters, and watches as Eri's eyes light up again. Her legs swing faster, and she scoots closer to the edge of the seat. 

"Can we have big cat cookies kacchan? With frosting?" 

He starts to put the things for the batter in a mixing bowl as she talks. 

"Sure. What colors do you want?" 

"Hmm... Blue! And pink, and purple!" 

"Alright. Here, mix this." 

He hands her the bowl, and she takes it, letting go of her bear to hold it with one of her hands, mixing with the other. Katsuki almost laughs at how serious she looks, especially with the bowl looking huge in her lap. He starts to work on the frosting.