12 - Hiking!

Katsuki moves his hands smoothly, despite how fast they are going. He cuts up vegetables, washes the rice, and makes sure the soup doesn't burn. He can hear Deku rummaging through the boxes in the attic upstairs, looking for their hiking stuff. 

A couple of minutes later, he is putting everything in lunchboxes and inside Deku's backpack. The nerd gets down from the attic with the stuff in Katsuki's backpack. He puts the bag down, his big green eyes bright as he looks at the food being put into the lunchboxes. 

"Can I have some before we go?" 

He shakes his head and puts the lid on both of them quickly. 

"Hell no. You just had breakfast, and I know you, you're going to end up eating the whole thing." 

Izuku's face flushes slightly, and he turns away. 

"I won't..." 

Katsuki puts the lunch into Deku's bag and holds it out to him. He takes it, still sulking. He sighs and ruffles his hair. 

"I got those sweet candy things you like in the car." 

Instantly, Izuku brightens up and grins. 

"You're the best Kacchan!" 

He kisses him before rushing to the door. The two of them drive for thirty minutes, Deku happily munching on the sweet candy. He tried offering some to Katsuki, but those ones are way too fucking sweet for him. Finally, they get out of the car. 

The hiking trail that they chose for today is a difficult one. It's supposed to take all day to get to the top, and Katsuki can already feel the determined fire burning in his gut. Izuku feels the same way, the two of them starting to hike up with their backpacks after they park the car. 

The smell of the trees and the clean air fill his nose and he lets out a deep breath, his shoulders relaxing. The heavy backpack on his back is a welcoming pressure, and he continues to move forward. 

The twigs and leaves on the ground crunch under his hiking boots, and he lifts himself up onto the rocks. Izuku holds his hand as he does the same, swinging their arms slightly as they continue making their way over the rocks and the fallen tree trunks. 

Hour's pass, the sun rising high into the sky and then lowering as the two of them get higher. They don't really see anyone, which in Katsuki's opinion is a good sign they will get the best view for themselves. They only stop when they get to the top, and it isn't disappointing. 

The view of the mountainside is mostly trees, but with the way the sun hits them is perfect. The sound of the water crashing into the jagged rocks below streams around them as they sit down together on a fallen tree trunk to eat. 

Deku swings his legs forward and back, eating his lunch happily. Katsuki leans against his side, watching the water flow down, gleaming in the setting sun.