17. The first battle with the abandoner (part 2)

Tsukiko POV

The battle was intense and I couldn't help clenching my fist with worry, but whenever I did so, Hotaru would make and action and save the victim. I smiled proudly when Team seven (Aka. Sasuke and Naruto) used their individual skills to make Zabuza let go of Kakashi. After that, it was pure hell. Kakashi and Zabuza were fighting in such a strong and fierce way that it made my teeth chatter, just by watching them clash. The end was drawing close as Kakashi made the water swirl around Zabuza and shoot him across the distance, onto a tree.

Zabuza looked fearfully at Kakashi, and I couldn't blame him. If I was in his shoes right now, I would be trembling in fear. Kakashi, with his sharingan powered up, was nearly unbeatable and seemed as if he could read the future.

As I was silently cheering Kakashi on in my head, the branch above me rustled and I looked up to find an unknown figure. I looked across the field to see Kakashi getting ready to end the battle and looked at the masked young boy above me, who looked ready to intercept him.

No. I wouldn't let him!

Quickly, I dashed up onto the second branch and through the kunai that I was fidgeting in my hands with. Surprisingly, without even looking my way, the boy caught it just in time between his two fingers. He looked my way and tilted his head questioningly. I was about to charge at him when suddenly he whipped out two long needles and threwh

them towards Kakashi and Zabuza.

When I found the needles, pierced into Zabuza and not Kakashi, I sighed in relief. The boy who was on the branch looked at me again as if to tease my panic attack and I scowled before asking, "Who are you?"

The masked boy merely nodded his head towards me and jumped across the clearing, towards the now-dead-body Zabuza. I couldn't hear what he said to Kakashi, but I could make out a few words:"-He's dead."

Realizing that the battle was over, I sighed in relief and jumped down the branch towards Hotaru. He noticed me coming and immidiately disessembled the Tsukiko-clone. I filled up the space in which the clone has stood before me and listened into the masked boy's conversation with Kakashi.

Kakashi was looking at the masked boy, "That mask... You're a Hidden mist hunter ninja."

"Impressive, you are correct." The masked boy bowed down and stood straight once again.

Beside me, Naruto scratched his head, frusterated, "Hunter nin?"

"Yes," The boy acknowledged Naruto, "My job is to hunt down missing ninjas."

Naruto looked extremely agrivated and he looked back and forth from the boy to the dead body, slumped against the ground. When he looked about ready to explode, I stepped in front of him and asked the boy in a calm manner, "Who are you, who looks no younger than us, but can kill a guy as strong as Zabuza?"

Naruto behind me growled in anger, but I laid my hands on his shoulders and whispered softly, 'Let me take care of it.' After a moment of frusteration overload, Naruto calmed down enough for me to look back at the dude with the mask.

The masked boy looked tilted his head as if amused and looked from me, to the oak tree that I was hiding in a few minutes ago, and to the fireflies in the air that had substituded for me in the battle.

To notice that much in such a little time... He was truly a skilled ninja, but no matter...

I glared at him as if to say, 'If you say a word about it, I will personally kill you.'

He chuckled and looked off to Kakashi as if to ask him to explain. I expectantly looked at Kakashi and he sighed, "There are alot of ninjas in this world who are younger than you, but stronger than me."

"But it's not fair! He made us look stupid!" Naruto suddenly cried out from behind me and Kakashi looked at him indifferently.

"It is the truth of life."

Hotaru nodded beside me as if to acknowledge Kakashi and narrowed his eyes at the hunter-nin who appeared beside the dead Zabuza.

The hunter-nin spoke as he inspected the dead body, "Now that the battle is over, I shall dispose this body. It holds too many secrets. Have a good day." And with that, the hunter-nin dissapeared with a gust of wind.

Kakashi sighed and slumped down, "He is defeated. We must take Tazuna back to his home safely."

Tazuna laughed whole-heartedly, "That was great! I'll invite all of you over to my home for-"

Before he could finish his sentance, Kakshi fell down on the ground face first.

"Sensei!" Sakura cried uselessly.

I fell forward as well, just in time to catch him, but I struggled to keep him up, "Guys... Help..?"

Hotaru joined my side and took Kakashi's arm, wrapping around his shoulder. Tazuna came about his shock and did the same to the opposite side. Everyone gathered about the fainted leader and started asking what the matter was.

Hotaru answered, "It seems as if he used the sharingan too much. It took alot of energy and chakra out of him."

Sasuke, who was an Uchiha, glared at Kakashi as if he was trying to figure out a puzzle, but after a while of Sakura's little girly whines and cries, he gave up on glaring and instead, turned to glare at the sky as if to blame the skys for what was bestowed on him.

I surveyed everyone's attire and decided that it would be best if we got going. They all looked as if they would fall face down onto the dirt as well. Everyone took turns holding Kakashi up as we stumbled across the pathway, towards Tazuna's house (Except for Naruto and Sakura... Naruto because he was clumsy, and Sakura... Well, she was Sakura).

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Lubed it? Hated it? Eh, it's okay-ed it?

Haha, I know, I know, It's short as hell, and I know, I know... I should write longer... I'm sorry~

I'll try to write longer when I have more time... Kay?

Kay! Thanks guys! ^3^

Thank you everyone for reading and...

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!! *3*

Hehe pce out!

xoxo- Sam

Btw, the side video is/will-be Imagine Dragons... did you notice that I put up many Imagine Dragon songs?? It's cause I lurvvvve them so much!!

Buh-bye fellow bunnies :)