♥4. What everyone loves, food.

Tsukiko POV

"Wow, you eat fast." I was too busy stuffing my face with food to notice the person come into the room. I waved the person off and ate my ramen. Man, these ramens were good! Somewhat better than bread, which is saying something because my love for any type of bread infinite. I began multi-tasking by eating the ramen with the bread, together. Gross? Nah, the best food in the entire world.

"Earth to Kiko, hello?" I was poked in the shoulder. Annoyed, I poked them back with my spare chopsticks lying on the table. I began to concentrate on chewing until someone had to interrupt me.

"...You leave me no choice." The person started tickling me which did nothing. I was immune to those things. Instead, I stabbed the hands with my current chopsticks.

"Oww! That... Didn't hurt one bit." I finally stopped eating and turned to glare and Kakashi who was staring at me with amused eyes. Was I amusing to watch? Hell nah. He better take that expression off his face or he'll have more than his hands to worry about.

"Watcha doin here oldie?" I asked as I stood up to clean up the mess I made when I ate the food.

"I'm Kakashi. Not oldie. And Hokage's in an important meeting right now... You want help cleaning up? No? Fine then. Well, anyways, he's in an important meeting and I'm supposed to take you to your new home. I have the keys and your supplies here so... You ready?" He asked me, eyeing the now clean room which was filthy only seconds ago.

"Mm... Yup!" I threw away a piece of noodles that was lying on the ground and nodded at Kakashi, "By the way. Do I really have to live here? Bandits have a pretty awesome life you know, besides the running, fear, hunters, anbus... You know what? Forget I asked. I love it here. It's just totally gorgeous that I can't bear to leave this place!" I put my arms over my eyes and fake-fainted against Kakashi. He easily caught me and put me back on my feet.

"Enough play, let's go." He walked away while I held an irk mark on my head. Catching up to him outside I punched his elbow which made him pause and stare at me with curiosity.

"Oh-hoh, so my acting is simply child play hm? How about I teach you some real rough playing?!" I was about to kick Kakashi in the no-no place whrn suddenly, he grabbed my leg in mid-air and frowned down at me.

"Calm down. Calm down. Your acting skills are great, fabulous even. Now, are you calm..?" After a moment of silence I nodded without resistance and the hands that gripped my legs let go.

"You need anger management Kiko." He shook his head at me in shame, and I felt embarrased. Yes, I've heard that from my friend before. The friend that was murdered. It wasn't new to me. I silently followed Kakashi and didn't notice when he stopped causing me to bump into him.

"S-sorry." I stared at the ground and I heard a sigh before seeing Kakashi drop down to my height level. Again.

"I'm sorry Kiko. For saying all those rude anger management stuff..." He stared at me, but I ignored his gaze.

"No... It's fine. I've heard that lots of times before." I closed my eyes and sighed softly.

"Look, no really. Look at me." Kakashi lifted my chin in order to make me look at him. I saw his sincere eyes and his soft, sad smile.

"I'm really sorry. You just made me remember a friend from long time ago. He was always so loud like you, and had a few anger problems." Kakashi chuckled.

I tilted my head before asking, "What happened to him?"

A dark shadow fell across his face before he answered, "He's dead."

I nodded before replying in a quiet voice, "I understand. My friend as well..." Unwanted tears threatened to spill as I held both of my fists in a tight ball to keep from shaking. I really do miss him, don't I?

"Yeah..." I was thankful when he didn't say the same 'I'm sorry' routine to me and was surprised when he hugged me in a comforting hug. In his brace, I felt safe, and let a single tear drip down, remembering all the times when I used to be held like this by my past, by my now-gone best friend and savoured the hug.

"...You better go in now. It's dark, and it's pretty cold out here." Kakashi stood as I straightened myself out. He gave me the keys and supplies to the house we were standing in front of as I thanked him.

"Thank you." I told him and he nodded.

"No problem, it's my job to bring you home and keep you safe." He was about to turn around but I grabbed his arm.

"No, thank you, for before that. And I promise, I'll act more calmly from now on. I lived alone for almost too long that I forgot my manners. I will act more reserved from now on." He paused before replying.

"I should thank you. All this time, I thought that only I knew the pain of losing a close friend. I still regret everything that time, but you lifted off some burden off my chest. So, thank you.And being you is fine." At that moment, I felt that Kakashi and I had some connection together. No, not a love connection, but instead, a familiar, comforting, family-like connection.

We parted ways without a good-bye and I think it was better that way. It made it seem like a silent agreement to meet up again soon, and that this wasn't going to be the last time we saw each other. Using the key to open the door, I slipped in and did something I haven't done in a while.

I asked for my friend and fireflies to show me the way and comfort my disturbed heart.

_+_+_+_+_+_

Ahhh why J4M (aka me.) Why????

I always seem to end each chapter in a sad way..,. But... HAVE NO FEAR! HAPPINESS IS NEAR!

Hehe, I'll try to upload soon and make the chappies more happy... Or... Do you guys want or like it to be sad? Idk. Aw well... Hope you enjoyed :)

Btw. Tell me if that was too short, if it was, then I'll try to lengthen it next time. Plus, tell me if it was too dramatic or not... I don't know cause when, I read my own work, I can't concentrate on the whole story cause I'm too busy trying to find typos lol XD

Vote/Comment/Fan <3 (and this story is dedicated to skyuni because she/ur awesome and a great writer!)