♥6. Stronger through a mask

Tsukiko POV

"NARUTO! DON'T BE A LITTLE BRAT!" I chuckled as I saw Naruto hanging outside on the side of Hokage's face and Iruka on the bottom, climbing up to get him.

Ah, it was another typical day of one of Naruto's prank. This was the best one yet. How long has it been since I've been here? 1...2...3...4... No wait. Oh, I was here for about eight month. Eight is my lucky number... I was thinking about the number eight until I heard a BANG, CRASH, right behind me. When I turned around, I saw Naruto tied up in a rope as Iruka sensei pulled him.

"How much do you weigh Naruto?!" Iruka sensei grunted as Naruto grumbled a retort.

"Iruka-sensei's too weak. Believe it!" Hearing that, Iruka growled and lifted Naruto to his shoulders, trudging down to the front of the class before letting go of Naruto.

"OUCH! What-cha have to do that for?! That hurt!" Naruto glared at Iruka.

"That was supposed to hurt you baka." I muttered and Naruto stuck his tongue at me like an immature brat. Yeah, sure he was my friend, comrade, partner, what ever you want to call it. Doesn't mean that I can't tease him every now and then... Right?

"Okay! Everyone line up, NOW." People scrambled out of their seats as Iruka sensei called out their names. I sat on my chair, all confused, until Iruka called me out.

"Kiko Hotaru! Stand up and go to your proper place!" I looked at Iruka's face which was contorted into an ugly scowl and scoffing, I got up from my seat to a random place in the line. The girls glared at me as I squeezed myself beside Sasuke. I winked at the girls after I set my hands hovering at the small place behind his back and they all started mumbling curses at me.

"POOF. Good job Sasuke. Go back to your seat now. Your turn, Kiko." I let my hovering hand slump to my sides as I slowly walked towards the front of the class.

...

...

...

"Anytime now..." I heard Iruka sensei call out as kids giggled. I turned around to Iruka and scratched my head awkwardly.

"Eh-heh. You know Iruka? I got a funny story for you. Really. You're gonna laugh. So hard. Like, I'm laughing right now. You can't see me laughing, but I'm laughing. No joke. Omegesh, It's so hilarious, I bet everybody's gonna laugh. Do you wanna hear it? It's, like, totally awesom-"

"Just get to the point!" Iruka tapped his foot impatiently as I twiddled with my fingers.

"I...Merr nerr merr." I mumbled uselessly and he squinted in confusion.

"I...Maybe fgtwttd." He sighed impatiently and with a deep breath, I started again.

"I...Might have... forgotten what you told us to do..." Laughs erupted and I cringed, trying to concentrate on humming a song instead of the taunts and giggles. I don't even know what I did wrong! Kids these days are such creul beings...

"Turn to anyone you want." Iruka told me quietly when the laughing calmed down a bit.

"HEY! How come she gets to turn into anybody?! We all had to turn into you, Iruka-sensei!" Pink-saku yelled out and other students yelled out their complains while Iruka sighed again.

"Well, none of you guys had the whole class laugh at you when you asked a simple question. No?" Iruka glared at the complainers and he looked encouragingly at me. I breathed out and nodded at him before concentrating on the person.

After the transformation has taken place, I felt lighter, more tinier than my normal height. After Iruka nodded his approval, I poofed back to me to face stunned students.

"Whoa, who was that? The little boy was so cute!"

"I would love to meet him!"

"He's not cooler than Sasuke though!"

"Yeah, but he's way cuter!"

Girls began chattering amongst themselves before staring at me, "Who was that little boy that you turned to?"

I bit my lips nervously before telling them a single name, "Yoko."

"Who's that? You have no right to know someone as cute as him! Introduce him to us!"

"Yeah! Introduce the little boy! How dare you keep him away from us!"

"You're so selfish. No wonder your friends with that stupid Naruto. You both suit each other so much!"

I breathed in and out fast glancing around the classroom. Iruka sensei was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go?! He was always there for me when these situations occured. He always told the students to be quiet and he's the one who gave the girls a good scolding when they needed one. I might seem strong to others, but Iruka knew my weakness: Taunts, blames, and mostly, the past.

I licked my dry lips as I kept my eyes closed shut. Maybe... Just maybe... I could wish this all away... The girls kept up their teasings. The boys were too cowardly and Naruto was being held back by pink-saku. The girls stepped in on me as I crouched down to a tiny little circle on the floor.

"Heh, not so strong now, eh Kiko Hotaru?" I whimpered as they advanced.

"You're annoying." The girls stopped and turned around to see Sasuke.

"Haha! I know right? Kiko is soo annoying and-"

"No. You're annoying." Sasuke interrupted the girl to glare at the stunned mob and one by one, they departed guiltly leaving me alone with Sasuke who then walked away and sat in the far off corner. Dusting myself off, I got up unsteadily from the ground before being knocked onto my back again.

"I'M SO SORRY KIKO! I WOULD'VE HELPED YOU, BUT SAKURA-CHAN WAS SO SCARY! I'M SOSOSOSOSO SORRY! BELIEVE-IT!" Naruto anime cried as I awkwardly patted his back.

"It's okay... I'm fine." Naruto checked me over for bruises and such. When he found none, he sighed in relief and let me up.

"Okay class, anything happen while I was gone?" Iruka suddenly came into the class. The girls all muttered 'no'. Frustrated, Naruto was going to hold his hands up, but I stopped him, making him glance at me in confusion. I shook my head and he glared at the ground.

"Good. I'm sorry, I had a quick message I needed to check with the hokage, so I teleported there and back. You guys sure nothing happened?" This time he glanced at me, holding eye contact and I managed to force a lopsided smile on my face making him sigh in relief.

"Okay then. Next, Naruto. Transformation jutsu, into me."

"Yes sir! Kiko, stay here and watch me okay? I'm going to be awesome, believe it!" I looked back at Sasuke who was staring out the window, before turning back to Naruto. I really wanted to thank him, but Naruto...

"Yeah, okay." I smiled at Naruto and slowly walked over and sat down in one of the chairs that faced the front. I turned back again to look at Sasuke. This time he was glancing at me too and as our eyes met, I turned back quickly to hide my blush. Did I mention that I was also weak when it comes to eye contact? I was. After cooling my cheeks down, I focused on Naruto right on time to see him transform into... his specialty girl.

I broke down into giggles when Naruto turned back to himself. I gave him a thumbs up and he grinned before pointing at the bloody-nosed Iruka. I burst into another fit of giggles at that sight. Ah, pranks... A beautiful thing for a laugh or two...

_+_+_+_+_

Hehe I kinda made that one too dramatic. I'm sure that the kids in Konoha aren't that evil, but bear with me plz!! I'll make the characters wayyyyyyyyy nicer when the time comes.

Don't worry! I Hab A Plan!

If plan A doesn't work... There's always B~Z ^_^

I hope you enjoyed and again, I'm sorry for making the characters evil, I really love Naruto (book) and I know that they aren't the mean type, but I wanted it to be added onto the story so... I honestly apologize if you find it wierd. =_=

I hope you enjoyed and... vote/comment/fan It'd make my life a happier place :) Pce out~