EXTRA 2. The Ant and the Firefly

Another extra chappy <3 enjoy luvs~

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

It was daytime and the light through the window woke Tsukiko up. It was funny, because she wasn't usually a morning bird. She was more like a night owl, more alive at night than during the day. Perhaps the reason behind that was because the beasts, her parents, left her alone during the night. Or maybe it's because during the day was when the heat was most agonizing in her small, crowded yet spacious room.

However, unlike other days, today, she have woken up at the first light of dawn. Yet, although she was awake, she was still sleeping, for when she opened her eyes, she saw a figure in front of her, smiling down at her. She tried to smile back, but became frustrated when she found out that she could not. Neither could she move a muscle. She tried to speak, but her throat seemed to be closed down. Still, her eyes could see. She blinked one, twice, fourth time and still she could see the child in front of her.

The child was not the ant. She would know if it was because the ant would have two black antennas. This little boy had no antennas from what she could see. The child had blonde to the point of white hair and sparkling eyes that seemed to shine more and more as the morning light seeped into the room.

The little boy was wearing a simple green t-shirt and black sweats and seemed to be waiting for something.

Tsukiko wanted to ask so many questions, but her whole body wouldn't cooperate. With her eyes, she silently sent a questioning yet frightful gaze towards the boy and seeing that, as if disappointed, the boy frowned and sent a single sad smile towards her before starting to get up. Desperately, Tsukiko used her eyes to blink rapidly, trying to stall him from leaving. He did pause, but only to give her a slight brush of his lips on her forehead. After that, he left the line of her vision and he walked towards her window. Tsukiko tried to move her head around to see him, but try as she might, it did her no good.

After a few minutes, Tsukiko finally felt as if she could move about and deliberately, she slowly got up into a sitting position. She raised her hands up and put them in front of her face, wondering what just happened and getting up, she walked towards the window. Although the wooden floor felt cold as ice in the light of dawn, she didn't stop to put on her socks. At the base of the window, she looked out to see if she could see a child with blondish, white hair who had sparkling eyes. However, it seemed as if he had disappeared into thin air.

Hoping it was just a hallucination, she shook her head, silently denying the warmth of his lips, lingering on her forehead. Then, noticing some odd rustling in one of the bushes, she blink her eyes and then squinted them, trying to see if she could make anything out through the grassy fringes of the bush. When she could see two black antennas, she grinned and lowered herself from the window so that only her forehead and her eyes popped up from the window rim. She waited for a while to see if the Ant would do anything and when she saw the two antennas slip into the grassy leaves and disappear, she frowned and stood straight up again. Then the bush next to the previous one rustled and then the next one rustled, indicating the ant's movements. The branches made soft, yet soothing rustling sounds and Tsukiko smiled while crouching down on the floor, only to let her head above the sill. Finally, the last bush, the one closest to her little, homey window rustled then stopped. From that bush, out popped two antennas like a jack in the box and Tsukiko giggled while cover her mouth with her petite hands. The antennas started to sway from side to side, from right to left, from left to right. And when this continuously happened, Tsukiko didn't think she could hold in her laughter anymore and she crawled away to her mattress, only to bury her face in her worn, down blankets. In the dark within her sheet, she breathed in the scent of dirt and soap. A strange scent, but a familiar smell all the same.