254: Family Business

a/n: ahhhh enjoy? This chapters v...something, remember to comment and vote x
- Bea <3

Pri's body was slightly frozen next to the sofa, her expression only growing more hurt with every minute. Finally, in the city with a friend she adored, unable to do anything to take her pain away. Just watch her dub herself as alone and not enough...

"Well," Ryos forced his eyes to the nearest clock, "That must be a new record."

Marcel grimaced, "Are you kidding?"

"Less than an hour," He mused, "I expected her to last three."

Silence.

"New record!" He cheered, "Go me!"

Josh's fists were clenching, "Oh my god."

"You do seem to revel in her torment," Elijah commented.

"Me?" Ryos lost the pep, "I enjoy it?"

Confused looks.

"Any thoughts, Vince?" He slowly shook a collection of spices into the left beaker, "Able to form a sentence yet?"

Vincent's expression turned sombre.

"I want the room empty."

Stillness.

The beaker began to stir.

Freya crept towards the circle's edge from her resting point against the bookshelf.

"All of you," Ryos ordered, "Out."

"No chance," Marcel stepped closer to Vincent, "What do you want?"

"A moment," He lamented, "With an old friend."

"Don't call me that."

"You'd think vampires would understand that desire."

"I am not your friend," Vincent was shaking, "Ryos – "

"Funny that you're the one denouncing me."

Vincent froze.

"Your sudden desperation makes your situation incredibly obvious," Ryos didn't blink, tone flat and words quick, showmanship gone, "So, everyone in this room is going to leave."

A step closer to the circle's edge.

"While you and I will share a drink," He traced shapes against the beaker glass, "And discuss what exactly you suddenly need to tell my baby sister."

"You are not dictating a word spoken to her," Elijah stepped inside the circle, "You are simply here – "

"Ooooo," Ryos clutched his heart, "Have I made the 'great' and 'noble' Elijah Mikaelson mad?"

The Original in question rolled his eyes. 

"You know," His head tilted, drifting closer, "There are a lot of stories about you."

About all of them.

"Though, I'm not sure I buy that those vintage jackets come with any real dignity."

Vincent was shaking his head, "Ry."

"Would highly recommend literally any other fabric."

"Ryos."

"Might make the 'good sir' less miserable."

Vincent turned to the foyer, "I need to talk to MJ."

"You will do no such thing."