Chapter 1

I had a loud whistling in my ear that made it impossible to see and caused the worst headache I have ever experienced. Everything hurt. The whistling began to subside and I could hear a tremendous commotion around me. I didn't know what or even who they were talking about. It just wasn't happening. They were all shouting and screaming at each other. 

I certainly had no idea at the moment what had just happened or maybe even what had happened before. I have no idea how long I've been here like this or what even happened. I started to feel a strong tugging as if it was all just a dream and I wasn't making it to school again and my angry dad was dragging me out of bed.

 However, this was more uncomfortable and intense for it to be my fault again for breaking or turning off the alarm and sleeping on. It was like I was wedged in somewhere. And that's when it dawned on me. A drunk and really angry dad, fear, silence, a quick run off the road, a tree and a dull, painful crash, and then darkness.

 I continued to feel the pulling after a while and the excruciating pain. After a while I didn't feel anything special anymore just like someone had put me on something and even the pain eased at least a little. Suddenly it moved me quite uncomfortably and I realized that what they had actually put me on was a stretcher and I was probably already in the ambulance.

                               ༽*~*✿✧_✿_✧✿*~*༼

When it was easier for me to maintain consciousness and there was less noise around me I slowly began to open my eyes. I was secured with straps so that nothing would happen to me if the ambulance hit me. I was wearing a mask to help me breathe and I could see that I had a cannula inserted in my arm and some fluid was flowing through it into my bloodstream.

 When I started to move my head more the paramedic noticed me. "Hey girl calm down, please move your head slowly so you don't hurt it any more than it already is. Do you remember anything from the impact?" He said in a calm and gentle voice. I just nodded my head in response to him in a yes sign and then shrugged my shoulders.

 Yes I remembered something but certainly not everything. I also didn't want to talk too much somehow my throat got dry. So I just silently hoped he understood. "Are you in pain?" He asked again. I honestly appreciated his gentleness, no one had been this gentle with me in a long time, and I certainly appreciated it, though of course I understood that he felt sorry for me.

 I nodded my head again in response to his question, a sign that something was hurting me. "Okay now I'm not going to move you around too much lest by some chance something hurts you even more than it already does. So I'll at least give you a small dose of morphine to ease the pain. Okay?" He said again and I nodded my head again.

 While something cold flowed into my veins what he said was morphine he asked again. "What's your name baby?" I certainly didn't appreciate that he had just called me baby but I answered him in my raspy voice as my throat was still dry. "Amelia." He smiled a little and spoke again. "Oh Amelia nice name." 

I think he was trying to keep me awake and he was pretty good at it but after a few minutes I started to feel tired and sleepy again. "Amelia stay as conscious as possible I need you to stay awake understand?" 

I nodded again but the tiredness was getting worse and I was getting low on strength so my eyes slowly started to droop until it was incredibly hard to keep them open. And then I gave up. I was very tired and sore and I just couldn't hold on any longer. I could just faintly hear "Amelia stay with me. Try to keep your eyes open some more. Amelia!" and then it was just dark.

                               ༽*~*✿✧_✿_✧✿*~*༼

3 people:

After Amelia fell unconscious, they finally made it to the hospital. The ambulance doors opened and the paramedics quickly unloaded her. Several doctors and nurses immediately ran to the door. 

"The fourteen year old involved in the accident was given morphine, she has serious fractures to her leg and arm, bruised ribs, a pin that was masked, we are concerned about internal bleeding, she was communicating in the ambulance but then passed out." Said the paramedic. "Operating Room 3." 

One nurse stayed with the paramedic to get some information. "Do you have any information on her family or who the driver was?" The paramedic chuckled and answered: "Her father was the driver." He sighed. "His name is Gabriel Laurent and he died at the scene, he was drunk. We don't know anything about the mother yet."

 "Poor girl, what kind of father puts his child in such danger, that's not normal." The paramedic again just nodded sadly and went back to his work.

                             ༽*~*✿✧_✿_✧✿*~*༼

In the operating room, meanwhile, they were stopping Amelia's bleeding and it was impossible not to notice the bruises that looked older than just from today's accident. 

When they were all done and Amelia had a cast on her leg and arm and a brace on her bruised ribs to help them heal as quickly as possible. When she was finished, they took her to the ICU and put a tube in her nose to give her enough oxygen and to help her breathe better. 

An IV was pumped into her veins and we were just waiting for her to wake up. The doctors expected her to wake up in a few days as the injuries she had were quite serious. And it was to be expected that after all this, her body would want to rest.

Hello everyone so the first chapter is up. I hope you liked it. Please write, comment. Lia. 1023 words.