Chapter 6

"P, will you please call Amelia for lunch? She should be in her room." Kelly asked as she turned from the stove to Penelope. "Yes, what's for lunch?" She nodded, eagerly asking. "Spaghetti princess. Would you like some?" She smiled at her daughter. "Yes spaghetti, yum!!!!" Kelly laughed at her daughter's excitement. Of course Kelly knew that Penelope loved any kind of pasta.

"LIAAAAAAAAA there's spaghetti for lunch!!!!" (read it like Leah) yelled Penelope as she ran up the stairs. She ran into Amelia's room and started jumping on her bed. Luckily Amelia wasn't lying on the bed. She was sitting at her desk painting a picture she wanted to decorate her room with. "Oh, Penny, that's great, I'm so hungry already."

 She stopped painting for a moment and turned to look at her cute little sister. "You have a super soft bed, and what are you doing?" "I'm painting, wanna take a look?" Penelope immediately started nodding. Amelia then sat her on her lap and showed her what she had painted so far. "Wow, that's cool, I'd like to know that too." 

Penelope looked at Amelia's painting in amazement. "I'm sure you can do it, you just have to practice." "Do you know what I drew?" Amelia asked. Penelope stiffened, wondering if she'd ever seen it before. Amelia had drawn a fairy there, after all, and she couldn't tell which fairy it was. After thinking hard, she finally shook her head in disappointment. 

"Never mind, it's called Tinker Ball, it's one of the Disney fairy tales. We'll watch it together sometime, what do you say?" Penelope nodded her head enthusiastically. However, Kelly yelled from below. "Girls, what's taking you so long. Let's get some lunch before it gets cold." 

"Sure, Mom." Penelope yelled. Both girls rose from their chairs, Penelope already running downstairs, but Amelia had to take her crutches first and then gradually make her way down the stairs to the kitchen.

As they started eating Kelly spoke up. "Amelia if you don't mind we have to go shopping for your stuff today because tomorrow we leave for Bahrain for testing. I know I told you we could do it later but I forgot about the season starting." Amelia looked at Kelly in confusion. "Starting season? And what? And why are we going to Bahrain we have an early vacation or something?" 

Kelly looked at Amelia, not understanding what she didn't understand. Max, however, interjected. "You know Formula One?" "No? What's that? I know it's some kind of formula is all, I guess." She said nervously. "So otherwise, fast cars?" Max tried. "Wait you mean the ones that go around in circles for hours all the time and drive around like crazy at high speeds?" 

Kelly held back her laughter but as soon as Amelia finished that sentence she had to start laughing. Max, however, looked offended. "I'm not crazy." "Oh wait, sorry Max you're one of them. I sincerely feel sorry for you. Doesn't it drive you crazy when you go at such a high rate of speed every weekend?" Kelly just laughed it off. 

She was enjoying this exchange very much. "Oh don't freak out, definitely not. I'm a world champion, clearly I've got my head on straight." "Is there such a thing? Wow you're starting to surprise me Max." Amelia smiled. "Now you look like you're joking." Said Max. "The truth is I don't really know anything about this sport except what I just mentioned."

"Oh then I'll show it all to you live. You'll understand more that way." With that the conversation ended and the family slowly finished their lunch. Later, Kelly took Amelia and Penelope to the stores to pick out things for Amelia and also a suitcase to pack her in for the trip.

"Oh then I'll show it all to you live. You'll understand more that way." With that the conversation ended and the family slowly finished their lunch. Later, Kelly took Amelia and Penelope to the stores to pick out things for Amelia and also a suitcase to pack her in for the trip. They picked out a variety of things from clothes, shoes, jackets to all sorts of purses, backpacks and other accessories.

 When they all returned with armfuls of bags Max just laughed and made fun of them. However, that quickly passed him by when the girls had him carry all the bags up to Amelia's room. Kelly, of course, helped Amelia pack and get her things ready for the next day. For Amelia, it was one of the best days she had ever had. 

However, she also felt Kelly's effort, for which she was extremely grateful. She finally felt wanted after several years of misery. Kelly woke her up the next day. They got ready to leave while Max was already putting their stuff in the trunk of the car. Later, the girls arrived and got into the car. When they got out they each took their own luggage from the trunk of the car.  

Of course Penelope only had her small backpack. "Lia? Will you hold my hand on the way to the plane?" Penelope pleaded with her doggy eyes. Who could resist her anymore. So of course Amelia agreed. "Otherwise Amelia some of my teammates are coming with us so you can meet them today." 

"Oh cool more crazy people on one plane coooool." Max just raised an eyebrow at her. "Okay, okay so they don't have to be crazy." She rolled her eyes at them. Once they were at the airport it got pretty crazy around Max. Since no one knew Amelia they didn't flock to her and since Kelly rarely showed Penelope on her social media they didn't bother either.

However, attention was drawn to them when Max successfully fought his way through the crowd that was still following him anyway, but at least he got to the girls as well as Kelly. All the weird reporters started asking who Amelia was. Of course they didn't know her name. Max had his arm around her shoulders protectively and Kelly on the other side was holding Penelope's hand.

 It was very scary for both Penelope and Amelia and they were very happy when they got to the hallway heading to the plane. However, before they entered it with Amelia she noticed that the heading but also the arrow to that corridor were marked as private jets. So she decided to ask about it. "Why are we going in the direction where the private jets land?" 

"Because we're going by private jet." Kelly answered her. " And who here has a private jet, what would they need one for." She asked. "It's my plane. Sometimes it's very useful to have a private plane, like right now." Max replied. "Wow." Was Amelia's only reply. Both Max and Kelly laughed at that.

Hey guys, that's it for today hope you enjoyed the chapter. Write your opinions, ideas. See you again next week. I hope you are also looking forward to the new F1 season. Who do you think will be the world champion? Max again or someone else? 

1188 words.

Lia.