Chapter 4

Still in France:

Amelia could have gone home this morning. But she wasn't sure what to call home now. Amelia was really glad she could leave the hospital now. She hated them. She was running away from them. However, she realized very quickly that she would have to go back there soon because casts don't come off by themselves.

 But she was also well aware that she would have to go to physical therapy. So now she walks with Kelly and Max helping herself to the car with her crutches. She already hated this aid. It was even harder for her since she had broken not only her leg but also her arm and back. 

"Amelia do you want to get some stuff from the house or do you want to buy new stuff later." "If it wouldn't be a burden to you, I'd rather buy new ones then. I don't feel good about going into that house." She confessed. 

"That's perfectly fine sweetheart. We're going straight to Monaco then." Kelly nodded as a sign that she didn't mind and continued. "Feel free to take a nap if you're tired, we'll be traveling for about 3 hours." She looked back. Well she didn't even have to say it 3 times. Amelia was already sleeping soundly in the back seat. 

"Max?" "Mhm" he concentrated on the road. "How do we tell her?" Max looked quickly at Kelly. "What about love?" Kelly sighed. "About Penelope."

Max stared directly at the road and remained silent for a moment. He wondered what to say. "I honestly hadn't thought about it. It's going to be hard to tell her because you kept Penelope and you didn't, you left her with Dad.

 I think even if we tell her it will take a while for her to accept it and I hate to say it but she probably won't forgive you at this point." Kelly sighed again. She was aware that it wasn't going to help her relationship, in fact it would make it worse but she hoped that one day the moment would come when Amelia could forgive her.

 "I know." She looked down as if ashamed which was the truth. She could have had her home, she could have raised her, she could have had no remorse and all the other things Kelly had experienced during the times she hadn't seen her daughter. No one in the car, however, seemed to realize that Amelia was still a light sleeper, and it wasn't hard for her to listen to this conversation at all.

 At first she was confused as to who Penelope was or if she was some sister, aunt, acquaintance. After a moment, however, she learned for herself that it was her stepsister. She was sad. Just as Max had described it. 

Exactly how she felt. An outcast, different, unneeded, of course she didn't understand why Kelly hadn't kept her but had kept her sister. Why Penelope and she didn't. How Penelope was different than her. In what way was she better? Questions like these ran through her mind.

After a while, she finally and now truly fell asleep. After a few minutes, Kelly turned over to find her daughter sleeping peacefully. To her it was such a cute sight if she could she would look at it all the time. 

She was enjoying having her daughter finally near her. That she was coming home with her. That she was getting to know her family and friends. And, that finally her family could be complete.

                              ༽*~*✿✧_✿_✧✿*~*༼

After a couple of hours they were finally in Monaco in front of their apartment and parked in the large garage. Kelly didn't want to wake Amelia when she was sleeping so nicely in the back seat. So Max decided to carry her and Kelly would take the few bags they had with them.

Back at the apartment, Max put her to bed in her new room, which had been the guest room before, but would now belong to her. He gave her a little kiss on the head and covered her with the covers. He quietly left and closed the door. He told Kelly that he was going to get Penelope. "Kelly don't you want to come with me? I think Charles will want to know."

 He stopped at Max's door and turned to Kelly. "I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about this right now. I guess I just need time, time to realize that she's finally with me, that I don't have to worry about her and all that. It happened so fast. I didn't have time to somehow realize that she was finally here. Well I can't imagine now talking about my past which was taboo for years. If you catch my drift.

" She looked at the floor in shame. "I guess I can't understand it the way I'd like to because I'm not in your situation Kelly but I'll certainly try to understand it as much as I can." He walked over to her and hugged her. Kelly sighed and tucked her head into Max's chest. 

"So I'm going to go love, and tell him he needs to wait a minute. Although him finding out something is more unbearable than a fly flying by your ear." Max laughed at his friend. It was quite true that Charles couldn't stand the time until someone told him something he needed to know. In Max's opinion, he was one of the most impatient people in the world.

When he was on Charles's floor he rang the bell. Charles answered, of course. "Hey Max are you here for Penelope?" A laughing Charles asked Max. "Yes Charles that's exactly what I'm here for." Max laughed. Charles turned around and called out. "PENNYYYYY! MAX HAS COME." Max just shook his head smiling, of course Charles was one of the laziest people too. 

"MAXIEEEEEE!" Penny jumped into his arms. "Hey princess, how was your brother Charles?" "Great, we watched a lot of Disney movies and ate pizza." Penelope smiled toothily. "That's great." Charles grinned at Max. "Of course she had a wonderful time. After all, I'm not her favorite uncle for nothing." Charles grinned proudly. "Sure, sure Lord Perceval."

 Max laughed. "How did your sudden affairs turn out? As I'm sure you're aware I crave information." Max just shook his head of course he knew Charles wasn't going to let that happen. 

"Well we sorted things out but as I said before it's not my place to explain. I'm sure we'll explain it to you at some point but right now is not the time for that. Thank you though for doing a one night babysitting job for P (Penelope)." "You're welcome." Charles waved them off and closed the door. "Come on P (Penelope) we're going to see mom."

Thanks for reading, probably a bit of a boring chapter today but I hope you enjoyed it. Lia.  1152 words.