Chapter 7

"So who all is going to Bahrain with us?" Amelia asked as they walked towards the plane. "You'll see when we board, we'll introduce you to everyone." Amelia just nodded. She was curious to see who all was going with them, as she didn't really like having a large amount of people near her. That was why she also felt anxious as they walked through the airport, with all the people crowding them.

 As soon as they handed their luggage to the stewardess, they started climbing the stairs. Amelia looked around quite a bit to remember where she actually was. She knew that the moment she got here this place would already be her home. And since she hadn't had a chance to look around it much in the few days she'd been here, she wanted to at least do that now.

  "Amelia come on, we're just waiting for you." In the meantime, both Kelly and Max had already managed to say hello to the others and get settled. Penelope, like a proper sister, was waiting at the door for Amelia. The other drivers were amazed when Kelly called out the name of the unknown girl. When this unknown girl walked in she looked around and studied everyone a bit.

 She seemed surprised at how the place looked, but no one was sure if it was the plane or them. "Guys this is my daughter Amelia. Amelia these are Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz, Lando Norris, Pierre Gasly and Oscar Piastri." Kelly introduced them. "Oh so you're the mysterious thing Max went to pick up."

 "Oh I guess so." Amelia nodded . "Kelly I didn't know you had 2 daughters." Carlos echoed. "Because Amelia wasn't living with me, she was in her father's care. But now she'll be with us hopefully forever." Kelly smiled. "And what about your father?" Lando asked in turn. Before Kelly could answer Amelia answered for her.

 "He's dead." She said almost emotionlessly as she finally settled down and set her crutches down beside her. "Oh I'm sorry, my condolences." Lando said in an apologetic tone. "It's okay you could have done this to yourself." Amelia replied sharply.

"AMELIA! Don't talk about your father like that." Kelly said sternly. "What Kelly, I'm right you could have done it yourself and don't try to say you didn't. What sane man would get behind the wheel drunk and still with the fact that he had a child in the car. He didn't care at all so please stop making excuses for him."

 They all fell silent. The boys for learning such a thing. It would have surprised anyone. Amelia was right, what normal father would get behind the wheel in a drunken state with a child still in the car. 

Kelly, however, was quiet for another reason. She hadn't imagined in the slightest that her daughter would call her by her name. Not in front of everyone, anyway. But she was also beginning to realize that since she had never been there for Amelia as a maternal figure Amelia hadn't the slightest reason to call her mom.

 It made her sad though, she knew that everything was her own fault and no one else was going to help or advise her, as this was a unique situation that she had to find a solution for herself. No one else. Only her.

But Amelia didn't feel bad about herself in the slightest, she could finally speak up and tell everyone the truth and no one would do anything to her anymore. "So you're F1 drivers too?" Amelia asked after a moment. "A fan?" Oscar asked.