12

Cho couldn't register what she had just seen. A huge monster with one red eye squeezed into it's face had smashed the Chairman's Audi into debris.

First, she was mad about the fact that a stupid monster just destroyed a sexy car.
Second, she was confused as to why she could see monster that she has only read about, something deemed as mythology and fiction.

Jungkook appeared beside her. He seemed to have noticed the same thing and grabbed Cho's hand, interwining them with his own.

"I hope you are a good athelete. We need to run."
Before she could process what he said, she found herself being dragged to the opposite direction of the building. By the time they reached the back gate, Cho could now keep up with Jungkook instead of being dragged about like a ragged doll.

"What about the others?" she questioned first.
"They'll be fine"

He led her through a gate just beside the backgate of the building. Cho's eyes lit up.

"You're a prefect! You're not supposed to take me here! We can directly get out of school from here!"

"Is this really the time?"

"By the way, I tried once. There are guards there."

"Don't worry about that. We're going from somewhere else. There will be guards there too but I'm sure Yeji has taken care of them."

"Oh, right you're familiar with h- WHAT DO YOU MEAN TAKEN CARE?!"

"Keep your voice down stupid!"

"Oh" she dropped her voice and whisper shouted,  "What do you mean taken care?!"

"Look, I'll explain later. First we need to escape, get out of here."

They approached a concealed entrance to the secret passage beneath their high school. The dim light seemed to dance upon Jungkook's golden hair, while Cho, with her bewitching eyes and subtle aura of power, carried an air of mystery.

Jungkook turned to Cho with a confident smile. "Ready for a discreet exit, Cho?"

Cho, however, furrowed her brow. "I... I guess so. But Jungkook, what's going on? Why do we always have to use secret passages?"

Jungkook paused, his expression softening. "Cho, there are things about us that make us different. Special. You have powers, incredible ones. We need to keep them hidden from the mortal world."

Cho's eyes widened, confusion and disbelief etched across her face. "Powers? What are you talking about? I don't have powers."

Jungkook hesitated, choosing his words carefully. "You're not like everyone else, Cho. You have abilities beyond normal human capabilities. It's part of who you are."

Before Cho could respond, they reached the hidden door, a passage to a world beyond the ordinary. Jungkook pressed a concealed stone, and the door creaked open to reveal the secret tunnels below.

As they descended, Jungkook explained, "We're descendants of the gods, Cho. I'm a son of Apollo, the god of music and the sun. And you... you have the powers of the major Greek gods, especially the big three: Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades."

Cho's steps faltered, her mind struggling to grasp the weight of Jungkook's revelation. "Gods? Powers? This... this can't be real."

"Believe me, Cho, it's as real as the sun in the sky. But we have to keep it a secret. Mortals aren't ready to understand the divine."

As they reached the end of the passage and approached the surface, they found Yeji waiting for them with an exasperated expression.

"Guys, I couldn't distract the guards this time. They're on high alert."

Jungkook exchanged a concerned glance with Cho, realizing that their smooyh exit might not be as smooth as planned.

"I'm sorry. They caught on faster than usual."

Cho, still grappling with the revelation of her powers, looked determined. "It's alright, Yeji. We'll find another way. Jungkook, what should we do?"

Jungkook, sensing the urgency, considered their options. "Yeji, create a diversion near the entrance. Cho and I will figure something out."

As Yeji hurried back towards the school entrance, Jungkook turned to Cho, his eyes reflecting a mixture of concern and reassurance. "We need to improvise, Cho. Trust your instincts."

Cho, though bewildered, nodded in agreement. The trio split up.

-x-

hey <3 guess who's back