Chapter 9

Kiego couldn't sleep. He sat on the cot and waited or paced around the room. He couldn't stop moving. He was scratching the back of his hands to the point where they were sorta bleeding. After another 12 grueling hours of surgery Toya was put into the room kiego instantly sat by his bed tears in his eyes, he was wrapped up on all his scars and had tubes connected to his torso and was hooked up to multiple blood bags and a saline solution iv. The doctor looks at kiego "he should wake up within thirty minutes" the docter reassured him. Kiego nods "thank you " the doctor nods in return and leaves. Kiego was sitting with him and heard a knock. He wiped his tears and looks at the door seeing endeavor walk in he glares at him and puts his wings up in a protective stance from Toya. "Why are you here" he said like a snake spitting venom from its fangs. "He's my son." Endeavor replied coldly. "Get the fuck out." Endever eyes widened as hawks glared at him. "Excuse me?." Endever replied. "You fucking heard me. Leave. Now." His wings spiked up as he glares at him. Endeavor huffed and left.

About 30 minutes later Toya startied to wake up. Kiego was gently holding his hand. Toya groans softly and opens his eyes looking at kiego and smiles softly. Kiegos eyes were red and had eye bags under it, their was bits of eyeliner that were smeared from the tears. Toya opened his mouth, or tried too, their was bandage all over his face and he huffed and holds kiegos hand back cause if it to get kiegos attention. "You're awake!!!!!!" Kiego said eyes wide and smiling and he hugs him being careful of the wires and bandage. "D-don't ever do that again!!" Toya sighs softly smiling. He tried to talk but he was far too weak to talk. "I love you so much and you scared me so fucking bad-" he kissed Toyas palm and held his hand close. Toya gently held his face.

Kiego smiles and sighs "your uhm- dad? Nah- endeavor tried to come in- I kinda kicked him out-" Toya nods weakly and gave him a thumbs up. "I don't know if he's still here or not. Do you want me to check?" Toya wagged his finger as to say no. He was sore and in too much pain to shake his head. Toya patted the wide hospital bed, kiego was small and could easily fit on it with him. "Are u sure?....what if I hurt you?" Toya huffed a bit and pats the spot again. "Ok ok..." he goes and lays next to him being very careful of course. "I love you so so much..." Toya smiles and holds his face rubbing away his eyeliner streaks. He hopped kiego understood Morse code cause he gently tapped his face " y-o-u n-e-e-d r-e-s-t" kiego did understand and nods "yeah probably-" he yawns softly.

Kiego snuggled a bit next to Toya still being very careful. "You promise u will be ok?" Toya gives him a thumbs up and wraps his arm around him and kiego smiles and dozed off. Toya smiles lovingly.

Shigaraki burst into mirikos house heavy breathing. She nearly jolted out of her skin. "Holy fuck!!-" she sighs seeing it was shigaraki. "Oh my god there was no need for that-" shigaraki ran and hugged her tightly. She hugged back gently patting his back ."uhm- you alright?" A few wounds on shigaraki were still healing. "Mhm- just got worried-" she chuckled a bit and kissed his cheek. "Paranoid much??" Shigaraki chuckled, he knew he had good reason as afo had definitely beat him around after Toya got away and threatened to kill miriko. "Yeah whatever you say gorgeous" miriko blushed a bit her foot tapping and she rolled her eyes and nudged him playfully . "Yeah yeah- did you eat yet? I got some leftover curry and kimchi from last night-" shigaraki nods "I've eaten-" in fact he had not, he just didn't want miriko to worry about him. "Well fine but you're still gonna have some cause I want you to try it- it was my first time making kimchi completely from scratch"shigaraki nods "alright then" he said. The two are together shigaraki loving her cooking. She noticed some blood in his hair. "Afterwards ur taking a shower stinky-" shigaraki huffed a bit. "I can't smell that bad-" he was soon cut off by miriko strongly starting "you smell like blood and dead people." Shigaraki shrugged "every day smell" miriko kicked his leg under the table. "Was that supposed to hurt?" Miriko huffed "kinda- take a shower every day dummy-" shigaraki nods and finished. "I can help clean-" miriko shook her head . "You clean yourself- bathroom is down the hall to your left- theirs shampoo and conditioner and body wash use em- " shigaraki nods and kisses her softly. "You're so perfect~" he said softly.

Her eyes widened and she blushed her foot tapping and shoved him a bit. "Yeah yeah I know- now go wash up-" she kissed his cheek. "Handsome" he felt his face heat up and blush and he nods and goes to the shower. Miriko cleaned up the dishes.

Shigaraki came out all clean and had new clothes. Had he managed to teleport some clothes to himself? Yeah. He put them on and disintegrated his old clothes and put the dust in the trash. Once he came out of the bathroom miriko was sitting on the couch in a hoodie and some shorts and pats the spot next to her and shigaraki sits. She lays on him and smiles up at him. He blushed softly and awkwardly smiled back. She chuckles . "So cute-" she yawns and dozed off. He smiles and sits with her not feeling the need to sleep.

(994 words)