006 terms and conditions.

MIDNIGHT RAIN
chapter six narrative, instagram

MIDNIGHT RAINchapter six  narrative, instagram

LACEY TOWNSHIP HIGH, NJ

"WAIT, YOU WANT ME TO WHAT?" "Listen, before you decline, just.. hear me out, okay?" I raised my hands in a defence sort of motion as Connor's eyes widened at the idea I'd just implemented.

"Look. I know you have a huge disliking towards Milo." "Disliking is defintely too light of a word but yeah, go on."

"And I wanna get back at him for cheating so why don't we help each other out with it?" I negotiated with him, an unimpressed expression evident on his face.

"Okay I know it doesn't sound like the most ideal situation, given our current relationship—" "Oh, we have a sort of relationship now, huh?" Connor spoke over me then, a now small smirk appearing on his face.

"You know what I mean." "Nah, I don't think I do. You're gonna have to elaborate further, princess." He spoke again sarcastically and I had to hold in the urge to punch that ridiculously handsome face of him.

"I'm not explaining myself on that, you know what I meant." "Fair enough." He shrugged, uncrossing his arms and I quickly went back to play with my braids nervously.

"Look, I know you're gonna say no but I at least thought I'd try. I just wanna get back at Milo for cheating and I have no one else to ask and I don't wanna ask Jack or Brady; those two are like brothers to me so.."

"I'm a last resort basically." Connor finished my sentence, making me scrunch my nose. "Well, don't say it like that."

There was a moment of silence for a few moments as Connor lifted his hand to play with my braids again, twirling the small strands around his finger before his hazel eyes sat staring at my blue ones.

And that's how it remained for a while. Just the two of us maintaining eye contact. It would have stayed like so if I hadn't slipped out a small cough that broke the eye contact. "Like I said, we don't have the best relationship, meaning friendship with each other so I don't expect you to say yes to this—"

"I'll do it."

Wait. WHAT???

I blinked at his sudden agreement. What the heck? "You what??" "I'll fake date you. On a few conditions."

Knew it was too good to be true.

"What sort of conditions?" I sighed out tiredly as he dropped my braids before skating over to the sidelines. "You coming? Cause you'll want to sit down for these terms."

I narrowed my eyes at him before following him over so that we were sitting by the bleachers area of the arena. I didn't know what sort of terms he was thinking of but I already knew it was going extravagant.