47

On Tuesday October 19th, the world woke up to news of Ibrahim Fahad splitting from the squad and from The Hexad. There was also news of him claiming full ownership of certain applications the company had created, thereby buying out Bella, Tobi, Jalal, Anneth, and Nathaniel.

The squad, who had been finding it hard to wrap their head around the fact that Ibrahim didn't bend the way they wanted, barely had time to think of a response to the public before the spokesperson of the Fahads issued out a press statement, confirming the news.

"It is quite unfortunate that this has to happen, especially with how far they have come as a group both as partners and as friends." The statement read. "However, they have reached a point where they have differences that cannot be overlooked and the only way to settle things peacefully is for Ibrahim to leave and forge his own new path. We hope for the public's understanding and support and we ask that his privacy and that of his family be respected in this tough time."

It brought chaos, especially within the company, and the squad barely had control of the situation no matter how badly they tried to delude themselves. With the Fahad's legal team handling everything, it was a big issue and the first thing they got started on after the press statement was pulling out Ibrahim's shares from The Hexad and its partnering companies; just as Salim had advised Ibrahim to do as there was no way he – Salim – was going to allow his son walk away with nothing while the squad got everything.

Forced to give a public statement, Bella smiled tightly at the sea of reporters in the conference room and spoke with a calmness she definitely did not have.

"It's the toughest decision we've had to make as a group but it's for the best." In her head, she was wringing Ibrahim's neck. She kept her smile on as the cameras flashed non-stop, the sound of the shutters irritating her to the very core. "We, just like the Fahads, hope that the public understands and we ask that you allow us process everything at our own pace and in our ways. Thank you."

Questions were fired; what exactly had happened, the differences Ibrahim couldn't overlook, the future of the company and what would be left of the squad. Bella did not answer any one of the questions and once she stepped out of the conference room, she pulled at her hair and screamed.

Up on the executive level, the offices of the others were messes with broken vases and pieces and upturned furniture. Just like Bella, they pulled at their hairs and screamed out in frustration, knowing with undoubted clarity that they'd underestimated Ibrahim in every way possible; just as they'd always done.

It was when they landed in Cape Town that Ayra and Ibtihaj got the news.

Ibtihaj's jaw hit the floor. "Ah!" She turned her phone so Ayra could look at the article she'd been reading. "Omo, this is crazy!"

Ayra glanced through the displayed article before turning back to her phone. She put the device to sleep. "I knew about it. I just didn't think everything would be put into motion this soon."

Ibtihaj's neck should have snapped with how fast she looked Ayra's way again, her eyes unusually wide. "You say wetin?!"

Ayra offered her best friend a small smile. "Ibrahim mentioned it. He didn't go into details but I got the hang of it." She then sighed. "It was bound to happen with how things were going."

Ibtihaj blinked and blinked again. Her expression then softened. "Ayra..."

"Yes, Ibty, Ibrahim's really changing and yes, he's doing the yeye thing of falling for me but it's way too late. That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt though because it does. It hurts more I can even say."