Two: Amelia

Behind one of the many doors in the vast estate, five people are trying to find a way to escape the kitchen they are currently trapped in.

"There isn't anything in this room!" the dark-haired girl says.

"Well, sure there is. There're appliances, counters, food, water, knives—" the brown-haired boy shoots back, never taking his eyes off the objects in the room.

"You know that isn't what I meant!" the girl turns to look at him, frustration on her face.

Amelia Taylor stops listening to them after hearing them going back and forth for a few minutes. She takes note of the people in the room: there is the dark-haired girl who is frustrated, there is the brown-haired boy who is arguing with her, there is another girl who hasn't stopped searching for clues, and there is a blonde boy who is staring at everyone as if they are an organism under a microscope.

Amelia doesn't know where she is. She doesn't know why she is there. All she knows is that there are four other strangers who refuse to give their names in the room with her.

Click!

Amelia looks over towards where the noise came from and sees the Clue Girl standing next to a door which had been previously concealed.

"I think I found the exit," she says.

"Great, now we can leave this horrid place and find out why we're here." Amelia responds.

"Don't you guys think it could be helpful for us to share our names? Maybe then we can find a connection as to why we're here." the black-haired girl reasons.

Everyone looks at each other—some with disgust, and others with curiosity.

"My name is Zuri," she offers. "How about you?" She eyes everyone in the room expectantly.

Amelia rolls her eyes. What is this girl, a first grader trying to make friends? Does she have any idea who these people may be?

"Well?" Zuri puts her right hand on her hip and Amelia notices the mischievous glint in the girl's eyes. She'd have to be careful.

Clue Girl walks closer to Zuri, looking up at her with her head cocked to the side. She studies her, eyeing her up and down before smiling.

"You want me to give you my name?" She smiles. "Nah. I don't think so."

Zuri scowls and turns to the brown-haired boy. "What about you?"

The said boy disinterestedly glances her direction. "I don't think I want you to know my name, you jerk."

Oh great. Here we go again.

"Excuse me, but I'm trying to be civilized!" she retorts. "Unlike some people."

He reels toward her. "Well sorry!" he counters sarcastically. "You don't have to be such a brat about it! My name is James. That's all you're getting outta me."

Zuri huffs, but there's a hint of a smile on her face.

Clue Girl sighs and shakes her head. "Fine. I'm Naomi. If you cross me, you're dead." She makes a slicing motion across her neck. "And trust me, I know quite a few ways to make your death long and miserable."

Okay, well that wasn't alarming at all. But then, Amelia does too, so maybe she isn't in a position to say anything. The three of them turn to her and she flushes.

"I...I would prefer not to give myself away..." Amelia says. "You can call me Mia."

"That's a pretty nickname, Amelia." James wags his eyebrows and Amelia's mouth opens in shock. How the heck did he guess so quickly?