Nineteen: Amelia

It is horrible.

She is currently stuck with London, James, and Emilie. While Emilie isn't so bad, London and James are. They are constantly chattering which is driving Amelia crazy. And, based on the look on her face, Emilie.

"Won't they ever just shut up?" Emilie moves to walk next to her.

"We can only hope." Mia says, not taking her eyes off the steps she's climbing.

Awkward silence encompasses them. When they reach the top, they come upon a long hallway, though no one is surprised. Doors line the walls. They walk past every single one of them.

"What are you guys doing?" Mia calls to London and James, who are walking in the front of the group.

"We saw more interesting doors earlier when we were holding the trial!" London starts walking backwards so he can face them.

"The steps are just up ahead!" James adds.

Mia and Emilie look at each other. With a shrug, Mia follows the two.

"You know, it could be a good excuse to ditch these two." Emilie looks at her.

"That's a good point. We can split up and explore two rooms." Mia looks back at her. Emilie will never expect that Mia is way worse than she acts. And, since Felix trusts her, Emilie will too.

Once they reach the third floor, they take a look at the many doors on the walls.

"How about we split up?" Emilie asks innocently. Mia looks over at her and smirks, knowing that even if they don't agree, they'll do it anyway.

"Sounds great! Mia and I can go together while you and James can go together!"

Oh no. Nonononononono.

London had just ruined their plan. Her plan. If she wasn't with Emilie, she couldn't manipulate her! So, Mia came up with a simple solution.

"I think Emilie and I should go together. You know, seeing as you two are such close friends already." She gestures between London and James.

"Actually, he talks way too much." As London says this, James throws his arms in the air, "Besides, wouldn't it be fun to talk with someone else for a while?"

Emilie looks over at Mia and shrugs. Guess she would have to deal with London just this once and put her plan with Emilie on the back burner.

"Let's go, Emilie!" James looks way too excited to be with Emilie, but Mia guesses anyone would get tired of London sooner or later. They start walking towards a plain looking door, leaving her alone with London.

"Why don't we go in this door? Seems interesting enough." He gestures towards a random door that definitely does not look interesting.

"Fine." She says before lowering her voice, "Let's get this over with."

***

Overall, London doesn't talk much unprovoked. He was mostly quiet as they searched the bedroom.

"So, what have you been up to lately?" He says, as if he were asking an old friend.

"Oh, I've just been exploring this awesome mansion with nineteen other people. The twist is, only ten of us will make it out alive. Can you believe how much fun it is?" Mia puts as much sarcasm in her voice as is humanly possible.

"No need to be sarcastic, Mia." London says, never taking his eyes from in front of him.

She freezes. Why'd he call her Mia? Is he already trusting her? He shouldn't, seeing as they haven't talked much. So, the real question is, why is he already comfortable around her?