Game Day

Father!Quinn. Details of his daughter on my last Quinn imagine on my other book.

Mentions of Hanukkah, so if you're uncomfortable or going to hate please skip. If not feel free to read!

"Mars! We gotta go sweetie!" Quinn yelled for his daughter throughout his apartment.

Mars came running down the hallway with her shoes on and her jersey over her head, but not her arms. Her father laughed and helped to put her arms through the sleeves.

"Ready to go now?" He asked his daughter. The girl nodded and skipped down to the car.

Quinn grabbed a few snacks for Marla since she tends to get hungry at games, and Lord knows she doesn't like any of the snacks for the boys. After getting the bag for her, which along with snacks included her colouring book and dolls since she doesn't need devices yet, he walked out to his car where Marla was waiting.

"What took so long, daddy?" She whined. The man laughed and helped her into the car. Once she was situated with her colours, he closed the door and walked to his side of the car.

Rogers Arena

Quinn pulled into the player parking at the arena and stepped out of his car. Once he was out, he walked around and got Marla out of the car. While she ran over to where Brock Boeser was to take her in, he grabbed both their bags and ran down to the locker room to get into pre warm up clothing.

When he walked into the room he saw around half his team had already arrived. Quickly changing into his clothing, the man walked over to where Marla was sitting on a bean bag colouring. He sat down beside her to see what she was colouring.

"Look daddy! It's you!" She pointed out.

The colouring book she had gotten was a Vancouver Canucks one specially made for her by a family friend. Quinn gave it to her for Hanukkah since she had been wanting something to play with that had to do with the Canucks. Not to mention that he had gotten the artist who created it to add in some pictures of her uncles too.

"It is!" He smiled. "Look, there's uncle Jack and uncle Luke in here as well." The girl's eyes lit up when she saw the picture of her father and her uncles when the Canucks and Devils played each other.

Since that was keeping her occupied, Quinn and the team walked away to play sewer ball with one of the equipment people watching Marla while working on fixing a goalie pad issue.

Half an hour later they all walked back and started gearing up. Once Quinn was all geared, Mars ran over to him and jumped into his lap.

"Are you gonna beat the Sharks?" She asked her dad. He grinned.

"Hopefully." He responded. "As you've been telling me, they aren't very good, huh?" He whispered the last bit in her ear, causing her to giggle.

The girl nodded and jumped off his lap and ran our to the bench when she saw Demko going to stand in the tunnel. She's a big goalie fan, so she's naturally always analyzing what he does before games. She plays goalie in her hockey.

The goalie looked behind him and smiled at the girl. She smiled back and stood beside him.

"Your pads are so much bigger than mine." Mars said. Demko laughed and nodded.

"They sure are, kiddo. Maybe yours will be this big one day too." This earned a smile even bigger than the one she already wore.

"I don't even know if I'll get that big!" She continued.

Quinn watched the interaction with a grin. He always knew that his daughter loved interacting with the team, especially learning new things from Demko. Of course, he loved passing on his knowledge of being a goalie.

Post Win

"WOO!" Quinn yelled as he walked back to the locker room. 

The boys had just demolished the Sharks 7-4 easily. Most of the 19+ players on the team were going out to a bar to celebrate their win. However, the underage guys are going back to their apartments and Quinn is taking a tired Marla home to bed.

"I'll see you guys after the holidays, yeah?" He asked. The team all nodded and waved as he walked out with his daughter in his arms. 

Boy does Quinn love game day. Even if she normally falls asleep and he can't go out, that's fine with him. Quinn isn't a big partier anyway.

***

I don't like this ending lmao

WC: 764