Closet Monsters

Quinn and Marla just got back to the hotel after splitting from Jack and Charlie. It was a long day for all of them so they decided to just stay in instead of going to a restaurant or something. Mars got into her custom Vancouver Canucks onesie and ran out to the "living room" where her father was sitting on his phone.

"Daddy." Marla whispered.

Quinn looked up und over to his daughter. "Why aren't you asleep, love?" The man asked her softly, picking her up and placing her on his lap.

Mars sighed and laid her head on his shoulder. "I can't sleep because of the closet monsters." She said, her voice mumbled in his hoodie.

Quinn silently cursed Luke for telling his daughter the scary story. "Do you want me to check your closets?" A nod was felt on his shoulder as the little girl agreed.

He stood up with her in his arms and walked down the small hall to the girl's small room. Placing her down on the bed, he opened the closet door and pretended to look around. After a couple moments, he pulled his head from the doors and closed them.

"No monsters." Quinn informed with a smile. However, when he turned around, he saw the Marla had fallen back asleep.

The man gently pulled her special blanket, with her playing hockey on it, over her shoulders and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. He then left the room, gently closing the doors behind him. Once he got back to the living room, he FaceTimed Luke.

"Yo." Luke said sleepily.

"You've scared the living shit out of my daughter, you know?" Quinn snapped, getting straight to the point.

Luke gave his older brother a sheepish look. "You did good drafting tonight?" His tone alone spoke how scared he was.

Quinn just sighed, not being able to stay mad at the innocence of his little brother. "Whatever." He muttered.

The brothers talked for a bit, even adding Jack to the call to have a full brother call. But that was ruined when Luke told Alexis to get into the room, since he was at their apartment instead of Lacey's, and she smacked him a few times for waking her up. This was what Quinn missed with being away from his siblings. Just messing around once the two, three if you count Sky, kids are asleep. 

Once they all hung up, Quinn sighed and leaned back into the couch and turned on the flat screen TV after connecting his accounts on Prime and Netflix to the device. He flipped on Outer Banks and sat in contentment of the near silent hotel room, hoping to God that Marla doesn't wake up to closet monsters again.

***

Missing the three brothers being together. Can't wait for their summer dumps in a few months

WC: 463