Baby

Today is the beginning of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Somehow, by a miracle and a half, the Devils made the cut. They're starting off in New Jersey against the Rangers. Maria, being nine months pregnant and ready to pop any minute, was staying home for the game rather than going.

"Good luck, love." Maria smiled at her fiancée, Nico, from the couch of their living room where she planned to stay. Her younger brother, Lukas Reichel, opted to stay with her as he and the Blackhawks obviously didn't make it into the playoffs.

Nico walked over to her and kissed her gently. "Thank you, love. Be careful now." He said. She laughed and nodded. He then turned his attention to the slightly younger German. "You keep your sister safe, yeah?"

Lukas laughed. "Obviously. I mean, I am the best brother out there." Maria smacked him hard on the head at his comment. "Uhm, ow?"

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. "Go or you'll be late." She stated, directing it towards her fiancée. He nodded and hugged her from behind before leaving.

"Verdammt, er ist beängstigend." Lukas let out after the door closed which emitted a laugh out of his older sister.

Two hours later, game started

"Fuck me." Maria groaned, feeling a sudden pain in her stomach. She thought nothing of it, going back to watching the Devils game, before she felt a wet puddle under her. Shit. "Lukas. We need to go to the hospital."

Her brother swung his head to look at her. "What?" The look in his eyes was fear but also excitement. His sister might be having a baby?

"Lets go, you fucker." She snapped. "Sorry. I'll be snappy until this baby is out of me." The boy laughed and helped her up. 

"Go change. I'll contact your coach." Lukas said, pushing his sister down the hall.

He whipped out his phone and called Lindy Ruff. For some reason, Lindy answered after a few rings. Lukas explained what had happened and said that Nico needed to get off the ice and to the hospital for his fiancée.

Stadium Series

Lindy told Lukas he understood and that he'd get Nico off the ice right away. Once off the phone, Lindy got back to the bench right away to see that Nico was on the ice while the Devils had a power play. Before pulling Nico off, he looked around the bench for someone even strength to him.

"Jack!" Lindy yelled, gaining Jack's attention. "You're replacing Nico as soon as he's off." He didn't give time for the player to voice his confusion before getting Nico's attention. "Nico! Get off!" Nico, obviously confused, skated off and Jack jumped on. "Your fiancée's in labour. Go!" Nico's eyes widened but he ran down the long path and back to the dressing room.

All the people in the stands were confused as the whistle went and the camera followed Nico until he disappeared into the building. He got his gear off as quick as he could before running out to his car. Excitement coursed through his veins as he drove to the hospital.

Ten hours later

Eliana Mila Hischier. Born February 19th, 2024 at 1:09am.

Maria was exhausted after ten hours of labour. But she was thrilled as she held her baby girl in her arms. Nico was sat beside her, holding her hand with one of his hands and his empty hand held the back of his daughters head, rubbing back and forth.

The nurses walked in and took little Eliana back to get checked, but as far as they knew she was a healthy little girl. The two new parents smiled at one another, Nico now laying in the bed beside his fiancée as they both decided to get some rest before falling into their rolls of over exhausted parents. 

***

Requested by daddyjaden

WC: 626