"Am I That Bad?"

TW: mentions of cheating and SLIGHT sexual references (the cheating part)

Alexis smiled as she finally was able to get home from her job. She plays hockey with the New Jersey Devils, as known. So she's always out at either practice or a game or some charity event. But she's always thrilled to and loves what she does! However, saying that, she's always extremely happy to get to do nothing but relax when she gets home.

At least that's what she thought.

The girl unlocked her and her boyfriend, Timothy's, apartment. A sigh escaped her but she froze quickly upon hearing what sounded almost like a moan in the couple's bedroom. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she cautiously walked down the small hall and opened the door. As soon as she did she gasped.

What Alexis was met with was her boyfriend fucking some girl on their bed. They didn't even look up. The two just continued until Alexis slammed the door. Timothy looked up with a panicked face.

"It's not what it looks like." He defended weakly. She just shook her head.

"It's over. Fuck you!" She shouted. The door was opened and closed quickly after.

Alexis grabbed her keys, phone and wallet before going down to her car. She always kept a spare duffel with everything she needs just in case she needed to stop at a hotel for the night for an unexpected trip or something. Her hands shakely dialed her older brother, Jack's, number and the call connected to her car.

"Hey Alex!" His cheerful but tired voice rang through her car speakers. "What's up?"

"Can I stay with you and Luke for a bit?" She asked him with a quiet voice.

"Of course you can. You know that. What happened?" He questioned in a worried tone.

"I'll tell you guys when i get there." With that she hang up as she was about a block away.

Once Alexis got there she saw her two brothers already standing outside the apartment, both with identical looks of worry. After switching the car into park and shutting it off, she jumped out and hugged the two tightly while crying.

"Hey, Alex. It's okay." Jack mumbled while Luke snuck away to grab her duffel from the trunk.

The two slightly older Hughes' brought the girl into their apartment and sat her onto the couch. Luke gave her some tea before wrapping an arm around her.

"He's a cheating bastard." Alexis spoke with anger in her tone.

"What?" The two boys spoke at the same time.

"I walked in on him fucking another girl." She yelled.

"Can I please commit a crime?" Luke pleaded.

"Lindy wouldn't be happy." Alex attempted at joking.

"Seriously. No one hurts my little sister." Luke hugged her tighter while Jack wrapped his arms around both of his younger siblings.

"It's three minutes, Lucas." Luke decided not to correct her on his name, knowing it was the last thing she needed at the moment. "Am I that bad?"

"What are you talking about, Lexi?" Jack asked her.

"Every boyfriend I've had cheated on me." She muttered into her brother's chest.

"You are one of the strongest people I know. Hell, you deal with 6'4 defensemen in the NHL easily. I've seen you fight Ryan Reaves and easily take him down!" Luke said in almost a tone of admiration. Almost.

"But that's hockey! I mean in reality." Alexis groaned loudly. Tears were in her eyes still but had stopped falling.

"Lexi, do you ever realize how we both come to you with our problems? You're the most reliable person either of us know." Jack stated.

"When I got injured and couldn't play for months, I came straight to you. You've been injured so much that you knew just what to tell me to stop me from potentially doing something stupid." Luke continued.

"So never doubt yourself, Lexi. If those boys can't see the good in you then they don't deserve you." Jack finished with a grin.

A smile grew on Alexis's face as she leaned into her both her brothers. That's how the three spent the night. No phones, no hockey, no nothing. Just the three of them watching movies and eating popcorn all night.

***

I feel like it's been a really long time since I've posted. I'll bring Sky back eventually guys but I think I'm gonna wait until off season and the brothers start posting Summer pics as it'll just be easier. I may make one of her cheering them on back in Michigan or her and the parents surprising one of the groups.

WC: 772