26.

NEW YEARS EVE

OLIVIA POV

I cannot believe this year has gone by so fast. I also can't believe I'll be in my 3rd trimester in a few weeks. Spence and I decided to do our gender reveal this afternoon to ring in the new year just right. 

I cannot wait to see what Baby James is. I hope it's a girl but I want a happy and healthy baby at the end of the day. I touch up my makeup when Spence walks in and kisses my cheek.

"Today is the DAY! WOO! I cannot wait. Thank you baby for blessing me with this gift. I would never want to go through this with anyone else. We finally see if we're having a baby Olivia or a Baby Spencer." He tells me as I chuckle.

"Someone's excited. I need you to calm down though, we don't need you getting too "excited" because the last time that happened...that's a topic for another day but making it this far in my pregnancy feels wrong because I'd always miscarry." I tell him and he grabs me by the waist and rubs my bump. 

"Shhhh....that's in the past babe. I know it was hard to get over but now we get another chance at being parents and God's timing is always right. Right now, I need to take you downstairs and show you what they have set up....spoiler....it's amazing! He tells me as he carefully leads me downstairs. 

"Baby

"Baby....this-this is amazing! They did so well! I cannot wait...okay go get ready the party starts soon." I tell him as we walk back upstairs and go finish getting ready.  We both finish up and walk out looking at one another and saying... "ITS SHOWTIME BABY"

SPENCER POV

Seeing everyone get along and be here to celebrate this special occasion makes me so happy. Having Liv and I's community gather and just get along is something that we haven't been able to do in a while.

"Ay man, what good? I see you...getting ready to be a father. How you feel man?" My cousin Jerome asked me. 

"Man, I feel blessed and overjoyed. Seeing the woman I love being able to carry a life that we both made has made me fall deeper in love with her. I just can't wait to see what we're having." I tell him.

"Yeah man, it's special. Welcoming a child is something you'll never forget so be present and be there for your wife because labor is no joke and I give kudos to women who do it with no epidural." He told me and I nodded also taking a mental note to remind me to ask Liv what an epidural was. 

We engaged in some more guy talk when I felt a hand creep up my back. I turn around and see Liv with a look on her face. I pull us aside and ask her what the problem is and she states that Kia and Deven are here. 

She doesn't feel safe around Deven so keeping her near me is best for him and my wife and our unborn baby. I see Kia walk over and get everyone's attention like she's about to say something....and to no one's surprise. She did. 

"EEEEE...I am so excited to see one of my besties become a mother. You guys trusted me enough to give me the gender and I was lucky enough to also share it with Ms. Grace, unfortunately. That's beside the point....the point is....once we count down from 5, you're going to pull the pipe and see what you're having....READY?" She asks and we shake our heads and kiss. 

"5,4,3,2,1......ITS A.........GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!" We hear the crowd in unison as I pick up Liv and spin her around. I see Kia eyeing us down so I add a sloppy tongue kiss to let her and Deven know that my territory is marked. 

Man....Imma be another girl Dad.

OLIVIA POV 

Everyone has cleared out except for Ms. Grace and my dad. I tidy up the kitchen when Lani comes running in. She is super estatic about having another sibling. She talks to my stomach like the baby can hear her and kisses it, making tears form in my eyes. 

As I finish cleaning the countertop, Ms. Grace walks over to me and asks to talk. I'm nervous about how this conversation is going to go but I will hear her out before I jump to conclusions and cause an argument. 

"Ok Liv Look, yes you're Spencer's wife but you will never be Lani's mother. Jordan is my daughter and has always been. You coming in and taking my son away from me and having him wrapped around your finger is not something I stand for. So I hope that when this baby comes, he is too busy for you guys and you leave so I can have Jordan back.....Oh and congratulations I guess." She says as she kisses Spencer's cheek and leave. 

Spence walks my dad out and comes back in the kitchen and sees tears falling down my face. It pains me to tell him what happened but I know I have to even though that is the woman who raised him. 

"Baby what's wrong? What happened? Is it the baby?" He asks and it makes me cry harder. 

"No, no, no, it has nothing to do with the baby. I just had a talk with your mom and I don't want to get into it but can you just talk to her for me? She said some really hurtful things and this is tough to say but.....I don't want her around us anymore." I tell him as he nods his head and I can tell he's heated about this conversation.

"Okay okay. I'll call her tomorrow. For now, let's go get in the bath and relax because we've had a long and exciting day....plus I wanna talk to my baby girl....so let's go woman." He says and I laugh. 

I just love him.

NO ONES POV

"I told her how I felt, now it's up to y'all to break them up. Jordan and Kia I know you can. If not, y'all are both dead you hear me....have a baby or something." 

"Here's the cash get it done!"

HEY YALL! Baby James is a GIRL!!!!! Writing this chapter was so fun but now it's time for some real drama and let me tell you.....it's wild. It looks like Mama Grace had no apology for Liv just some harsh and mean words. Lani is excited...hell Spence was excited. 

Chapter Questions: What should we name Baby James? How should Spencer confront and talk to his mom? Do we want to see more of Spence talking to Liv's baby bump til baby girl gets her? Who was talking to Kia and Jordan?

Please vote, comment, save to reading list, and recommend. 

Love you guys

*Please comment....I love reading them and interacting with them. They make me so happy*

-T