Chapter 43: Rescue Mission

Gu Xiang appeared at the door brazenly, looking fearless and without care. Then she saw the tragic state Cao Weining was in, and a fire blazed in her heart. She scoffed, "I still thought that you so-called orthodox sects attack a person as a pack because you cannot best them in a fight alone, but in fact, it is actually that you have this tradition of doing so! Zhang Chengling, come out and tell them, where did I kidnap you to?"

It was only then did the crowd notice a mousey teenager following behind her, as if he was embarrassed at the prospect of speaking a few words where there were many people; this, on top of the savage expressions on the faces of Feng Xiaofeng and the rest prior, made him shiver involuntarily. Zhang Chengling shuffled to Gu Xiang's side like a young bride, and mumbled softly, "Gu Xiang-jiejie did not kidnap me, I was the one who left with them."

Green Willow Grandpa fumed, "Nonsense, you Zhang kid. Have you followed in the footsteps of others and fallen prey to beauty at this young age, and been hoodwinked by these demonic enchantresses?"

Upon seeing Gu Xiang, Feng Xiaofeng's eyes turned red. Brandishing his machete, he swung it at her. "Wretched lass, leave your eyes behind!"

Turning sideways, Gu Xiang retreated three steps in succession and dodged the continuous blows that followed close behind one another. Gliding up to the rafters, she spoke from the advantageous height, "Shortie Feng, consider it that giant fool's eight lifetimes' worth of shit luck that he has to follow you around. This maiden is kind of heart and merciful of hand, and only blinded his pair of lookers, nothing more. If you'd bumped into any other person, they could even want his life. Not to mention that you purposely went looking for trouble and caused him to get hurt because of you, hmph..."

Her last "hmph" was a little weak, as the young girl flipped gracefully on the rafters. Dodging those who swarmed her in a hubbub and secretly anxious, she edged closer to where Cao Weining was.

Huang Daoren glided up to the rafters too, grabbed hold of Gu Xiang, and attacked her without warning. Not willing to be disadvantaged thusly, Gu Xiang ducked away and jumped onto another broad joist, stretching an arm out to hook it around the horizontal beam, and whirled beautifully in mid-air. She made a flinging motion with her hand, shouting, "Watch out!"

Alarmed as he did not know what kind of wicked hidden weapon this little demon girl of unknown origin had in hand, Huang Daoren growled and took a huge step back. But there was nothing at all; when he took a second look, Gu Xiang had already left him behind and was giggling without even looking back at him. "Ugly freak, I'll scare the life out of you!"

Mo Huaikong had long set Cao Weining, who was in heart-pounding anxiety off to one side, down as he watched on impassively. Though his stupid shizhi had gotten into trouble, he thought that this young maiden, who had clearly escaped but returned to save him, was evidently also someone who honored her ties, but was just slightly harder to deal with.

He cast an eye at Cao Weining and his silly demeanor, like he was vibrating with the urge to go lend Gu Xiang a hand. Mouth twisting, he thought that if she was hard to deal with, so be it; anyway, if someone was willing to marry a ferocious wife in the future, it was like a beating willingly dished out and suffered--consensual on both ends.

Right at this moment, Peach-Red and Willow-Green pounced at her from right and left, trapping Gu Xiang between them. Taking clear action, she lifted a leg and a dagger sprung out, aiming straight at Green Willow Grandpa's skull. However, Green Willow Grandpa still had some capabilities: he did not duck or hide, but swiped his cane horizontally. Gu Xiang felt a gust of strong wind rush at her, knew that she could not beat it, and swiftly retracted her leg. But she was not fast enough, and the dagger on the tip of her shoe was shattered.