Chapter 73: The Rules

As soon as he saw Gu Xiang, Feng Xiaofeng went nuts, screeching and throwing himself forward. "Rotten girl! I'll slaughter you!"

Gu Xiang went ouch, patting her chest with a fake smile. "You'll scare me to death, Feng. No one's teamed up with you today. To bully me, a lady — you have absolutely no lenience!"

"Brother Feng, calm down a bit!" Zhao Jing quickly shouted at Feng Xiaofeng. "So many of us are watching. If she really is a bad person, would she still be able to escape?"

Hearing their scrupulousness, Cao Weining knew that they were going to put on a show about her. With a strength he wasn't sure where came from, he falteringly got up, then put out an arm to block Gu Xiang's front, ignoring his dull chest pain and coughing. "Everyone, Ah-Xiang has always been naive, never able to hide the words of her mind, but she is still a junior. Even if she has misspoken in any way, I request that you seniors acknowledge that she's still young and ignorant, and not stoop to her level."

He turned to Feng Xiaofeng once more, enunciating his words. "As for you, Hero Feng, this Cao has something to say. That day, Hero Shen met with misfortune, the Lapis Armor was stolen, and the hearts of those in Dongting were panicked. Zhang Chengling had indeed been with us, but the one that brought him away was Brother Zhou, and he did so in Hero Zhao's presence, who didn't obstruct it at all. We had to take care of it for him. This Feng fellow cannot distinguish between right and wrong, as he had joined forces with a group of Poisonous Scorpions to hunt us down. Were we wrong to defend ourselves?"

Gu Xiang nimbly stuck out her head from behind him, pointing at Feng Xiaofeng. "It's true! See how he conducts himself? He looks exactly like everyone else owes him eight hundred strings of coins, wanting to fight when nothing's even been said! Who knows if he's with that bunch of black-clothed villains?"

Feng Xiaofeng was extraordinarily furious, but when it came to loquaciousness, he couldn't contend with her; right as the word 'you' had bounced out of his mouth, a pile of words had bounced out of hers like jumping beans. The girl put both hands on her hips, her face full of slyness, and then pointed at him. "What about me? My Master gave me that brat to look after, and bringing him along was way too much trouble! He was thinking that everyone else is just like you lot, with your shamelessness being something the whole world knows about! You and that... surname 'Yu' for fish or 'Gui' for turtle or whatever, who knows what temple you two came out of? People don't have signs on their faces for whether they're good or bad, but looking at you, you don't seem like anything good! What are you trying to find Zhang Chengling so badly for? You're the same kind of trash as Yu! Hmph!"

She rolled her eyes, the spitting image of a child throwing a temper. In just a few words, she had also dragged Yu Qiufeng into this; the man had currently turned into an old rat crossing the street that everyone was shouting and kicking at, so, regardless of whether something was true or false or a frame or a set up, there would be no issue with pushing it onto his head.

Feng Xiaofeng was taken aback, anger dizzying his head. He hadn't expected this to go here.

As expected, as soon as she said that, many people started giving him poor looks. Ye Baiyi huffed coldly. "Your type is born not being the stuff for physical arts. You couldn't even grasp six-harmony spiritual cultivation, so what fight could you put up?"

How could anything nice to hear ever come out of Ye Baiyi's mouth? Someone laughed at this scene. Gao Shannu roared, then smashed a rock onto the ground, but he was blind — what use would a bit of brute strength have? Looking at the master-servant pair, Cao Weining thought them to be pitiful.

Perhaps due to his injury, he felt especially fatigued, looking at each individual before him not like they were people, but base-growing plants listening to the rain on the wind, praising those above and stomping on those below... because, no matter what, their own heads weren't getting stomped, so they were happy to watch the excitement.