chapter 12: santa (lane loud)

WARNINGS:
none

A/N:
inspired by that one ep of saiki🎅
your name here IS stacy.

-

it was already past midnight and lane was walking through his neighborhood on his way back home.

other than hosting little children's birthday parties, lane had spent the whole day as santa claus. delivering presents to the kids in royal woods as parents pay him to. also because he voluntarily did it because he didn't had any money to buy you a gift for christmas.

lane let out a tired sigh as he went through chimneys of each house he delivered presents to. other than that, he smiled when he imagined the kids reactions when the cookies and milk they left gone.

by the time his sack was empty, it was time for him to go home. lane stopped mid track when he spotted you, wearing the same santa costume as him.

"stacy? is that you?" lane called out, his breathe leaving a fog of cold air.

you were eyeing him with the same costume get-up as you.

"...lane?" you silent for a second and let out a loud laugh instantly, clenching at your stomach when you saw him in that santa costume.

he was stunned at how hard you were laughing, a bit offended but at the same time he was slowly smiling at your reaction.

"look who's laughing, you're in the same costume as me!" he scoffed and went near you while your almost on the concrete, dying of laughter.

"it's just that- i didn't think i would run into you here, and also wearing the same thing- gosh!" you wiped your tears from your eyes as you composed yourself.

-

the two of you lived close so you both accompanied each other on the way home.

"so why were you in a santa costume?" lane asked while they continued walking home.

"i needed extra money so... i applied to a job at the mall and they required me to put on a santa outift. like y'know those kids who sat on santa's lap and tell what they want for christmas? that was basically my job." you rambled and removed your beard and hat to talk properly.

"you don't feel hot in that costume?" lane asked.

"not at all. i actually feel warm in this suit." you said and looked up at him since he was taller.

"why, are you worried that i was sweating all day in this suit?" you teasingly raised your eyebrows up and down and lane laughed at you actions.

"i can't help myself, sorry" lane let out a low laugh.

"why are you saying sorry? that's actually sweet of you lane" you said and stopped walking.

lane also stopped his tracks when he noticed you you stopped walking. "why'd you stop? we haven't arrived at your house yet." he turned back to look at you.

"but we're in-front of your house already." you titled your head in confusion, "is this not your house?.."

"it is but, i should drop you off first. it's getting late. it may be dangerous for you-"

"lane, it's christmas. who would rob me at christmas? and also i'm wearing a ridiculous outfit so it's fine, c'mon." you took his arm and walked him over to the doorstep of his home.

you basically shoved him to his doorstep when he refuse to without getting you home first.

you breathed out when you finally stopped at his door step.

"you didn't have to make it hard for me, now i'm really sweating." you panted out after you both made it to the door step.

"i'll see you tomorrow then?" you nodded in response and lane pouted. he doesn't want to go home yet.

"i guess so.." you mumbled, feeling a bit down when you just started to feel comfortable with him.

you and lane both stepped at porch. lane was about go inside his home but suddenly, lane turned around behind you with a panicked yet nervous face.

you looked at him in confusion and then realized what he saw when you both looked up at what's hanging at the door.

a mistletoe hanging above the two of you.

panic started to arise out of lane, he totally forgot about the mistletoe that he hung. he thought it would be funny to place a mistletoe there to tease luke and bonnie, but he didn't expect this scenario happening with you in it. karma totally got him.

you looked at his cute reaction and chuckled softly, before leaning in to lane and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

lane suddenly felt a warm but quick kiss on his lips before only a tingling sensation lingered. the kiss was quick that it left him feeling dazed from being pulled out so suddenly from his thoughts. you stared at each other nervously before smiling at each other.

"merry christmas lane" you bid before walking away flustered.

"merry christmas.." he mumbled quietly, still not sinking the fact that you kissed him.

he watched you walk away while he touched his lips with his finger. by the time he saw you get in your house, he jumped happily with the dumbest giggle.

-

NOTE:
MEEEERRY XMAS!!
hope u enjoyed this bcz i did LOL I LOVE LANE SM
vote if u want more chapters next year!