Chapter 2

Persey (Natalie)

"You have got to be kidding me!" I said to Bruno in exasperation.

"I'm not kidding!" he said and I gave him a death glare. "Okay look, it's my ex-girlfriend, Bridgette. We broke up like four or three months ago, and she just got back here from Paris now with this new guy she's dating. I need you to be my-"

I cut him off. "Whoa, wait! I get it. You want me to be your girlfrie-, uh, your fake girlfriend to make that Bridgette girl jealous and make her come back to you?" I wondered out loud.

"Yes, Exactly." he said happily.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh. Like what they do in the movies?" I faked a smile. Nodding happily, he thought I was pleased."Well, that is bullshit!" I exclaimed which got him a little startled.

"Oh c'mon, Nats!" he cried.

"Shut up! I'm not doing it," I said while fixing my bag to leave, "and don't call me that!" As if my real name was Natalie.

"What the hell are you doing?! You're leaving?" he asked as I stood up.

"Buh-bye, bitch." I turned away as quickly as I could.

"Fine! Walk away. . . like a bitch! Aren't you forgetting something anyways? I'm gonna file a case against you!" I was stopped half-way after hearing his words. Oh, what was I thinking?! I'm here for this condition so he wouldn't throw me to jail. I slowly turned to his direction and walked back to him. "That's it, babe. Come back here." he said grinning ear to ear.

I stood up right in front of him and folded my arms across my chest. "So. . . what, Miss. Natalie?" he asked waiting for what I had to say.

"You do know I am a married woman don't you?" I asked.

He was a little surprised. "Whoa, wait a minute! Really?" he asked, puzzled. "You mean I just dated a married woman?!"

"That's how stupid you are!" I hissed.

"B-but. . . you're married t-to whom?"

"Do you really have to ask that?" I frowned. Really I just wanted to avoid this question. I didn't know. I just didn't want him to know I was married to . . James Edwards. "Now listen!" I put my hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. "I'm doing it, okay? Just promise me one thing. The media won't know we're dating or won't think that we're dating. Clear?"

"Crystal!" he grinned widely happy to know my answer.

Bruno

"You asked her to be your girlfriend again just so Bridgette will get jealous?!" Phil exclaimed after I told him about my meeting with Natalie the day before. We were in my lounge drinking rum with Ari.

"I don't know! It was a moment of weakness, man!" I cried out.

"Man, you need to get over Bridgette! Making her jealous isn't gonna make her come back to you. You'll just be making things complicated," he lectured again, "and you're not gonna run out of pretty girls to choose from. You're Bruno Mars! Girls would die just to see you shirtless!"

"There are a lot of them, but they're nothing like Bridgette." I mumbled and drank from my bottle.

"You've already dated someone after Bridgette. Unfortunately it was the wrong person, but I'm sure you'll get to date someone again much, much better." He reassured me.

"Bridgette's different. She's special." I whispered.

Phil sighed. "Man, every girl is special in their own way. You'll get that one special person that knocks Bridgette out of the ballpark if you just stop trying to get back with her. So stop this non-sense and don't let Natalie get away again. Just have her arrested, Bruno. It's the best payback."