Epilogue

Epilogue

Two years later...

Persey's POV

The wind blew my hair off my face once I stepped out of campus, and the colors of spring welcomed my eyes. I stared at them as if I was seeing a flower field, making me want to come running to it after an exhausting day at school. Bruno had insisted me to continue on my college studies. I thought it was a great idea. Lying around in his house, watching movies and finishing up every jar of Nutella from the fridge were things I didn't want to do for the rest of my life. I'd rather be a diligent student taking up Interior Design than a lazy house bitch.

Bruno also insisted to pay for my college but that I declined. Many times we've argued on this. He always forgot that being a widow of a rich syndicate, I have all of James' riches left to me. I knew  I wasn't that greedy and stupid enough to spend all the money on shopping. I used them for my college, and the rest I gave to the girls from the mansion.

"Bye, Persey!" I heard someone said from behind as I made my way to the parking lot. I turned my head to see Bryan, one of my college buddies, waving. I flashed a smile and then continued walking.

My car wasn't that luxurious but it was a classic – a Volkswagen Beetle. Bruno picked it for me and I bought it with the money I had. It was only a secondhand though, but it still looked useful and reliable, enough to take me to and from campus.

It was a 30 minute drive to the cemetery. Going to this place, visiting the dead people was never my favorite thing to do. The thought of it sends me shivers.

Carved on the grave with blades of grass surrounding it, was the name Marcus Hamilton, my father. For what seemed like hours, I kept my eyes buried on it, remembering how good of a father he was. My throat began to throb. I miss my Dad.

It had been a year and a half since I've decided to let him go, remove the apparatuses that somehow kept him alive in the hospital for the past years. Giving up was hard, especially, accepting the fact that my father wasn't going to wake up anymore. Letting go is part of starting over again, Bruno had told me.

And then there was Devon's grave. Devon who had been one of my faithful friends. There was this song that I used to hear on the radio all the time, a song that reminded me so much of Devon, and even Marie. And sometimes I wonder if the writer actually knew them and how their life had been. So he wrote a song for them that goes like, "It's too cold outside for angels to fly." Forever these girls will stay in my heart.

In the distance stood another grave which seemed to stand out from the rest or at least only in my eyes, making my way to it was like plodding towards the top of a rocky mountain.

Here lies James Edwards.

Unbelievable, my mind said. Until now, it was still a shock to me that the man whom I've believed to be the most powerful person I've ever met was now a goner. I was staring blankly at nothing that I didn't notice a tear fell from my eye.

"Ali!" Bruno's voice echoed through the house welcoming me once I opened the front door and entered in. Annoyed at Bruno, I walked through the hallway which led to the living room, muttering words.

"Geez, Bruno! You're scaring off the birds on the—Wow, Sex Dragon!" My fumbling broke into an astonished exclaim as I saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs wearing black suit and his shoes that I've never seen so tidy. His hair was styled in a pompadour turning him into a college guy from the 50s.