Chapter 14

Persey's (Natalie) POV

I poured out all my tears as I stared at the grave in front of me. Carved on it was Marie's name. It was a sunny Sunday morning and I, Cree and Devon were all grieving at her grave. James was with Andrew in his car which was parked a distance away from where we were standing. They were watching over us in case we think of escaping. Cree leaned her head on my shoulder and cried some more. I wrapped one arm around her and rubbed her arm.

I never expected that this would happen. This cruel world of ours... We shall all burn in hell.

"We don't lose people, we just gain angels," Bruno's voice started ringing in my head.

"Four minus one. There's only the three of us now," Devon whispered.

I held their hands and said, "We won't lose another one again. I promise." A tear shed from my eye.

As a punishment, James locked me up in a room where I couldn't escape. The room wasn't as beautiful and elegant-looking as my room with James was but it still was as comfortable and as well-ventilated. I wasn't doing anything but just staring at myself in the mirror. I touched the wound on my forehead which was covered with a bandage. I think I got a little beat up by James yesterday.

Say... maybe that's why I'm crying right now.

My left foot hurt too. I can't believe he has the guts to do that to me. He has always been so protective of me. He doesn't want anyone to touch not a single strand of my hair. He babied me too much. And now he just beat me up just because of one bad move I made.

It was the first time he ever did that. Now, I'm more scared of him than before.

I watched myself in the mirror as I cried soundlessly.  I heard my phone rang for the 8396423765th time but I still was ignoring it. Bruno had been calling and texting me all afternoon but I never answer.

I quickly wiped my tears as I sensed someone on the door. Andrew didn't even knock but just burst in and closed the door. He walked towards me on the bed. I remembered I had to thank him for somehow lying for me. But instead of giving him a small smile and a thank you, I looked up at him with these words, "What do you want?"

He sat next to me on the bed and looked at me right in the eye. "I know your secret, Persephone. Tell me the truth now," he said and I almost forgot to breathe in shock. I couldn't answer. "Tell me," he urged.

I sighed heavily before answering. "You know I dated Bruno Mars before just so I can steal back James' money from him," I started.

"Yeah," he prompted listening to me attentively, his curiosity rising.

"Well... he found me one night at a party I went to with James. He threatened me. He told me he's going to throw me to jail. But we made a deal..." I told Andrew about the deal I made with Bruno Mars and our stupid plan that went nowhere. As he was listening to me, he was half-smiling. I bet he was thinking of how ridiculous Bruno's plan was. I didn't even know why I was telling this to him. He might tell James and I'm gonna get in trouble again. But I didn't tell him about what exactly happened in Hawaii: the fake marriage proposal and the kiss that I can't believe just happened.

"Is Mars sick in the head?" That was his first reaction.

"Ah... yeah. He is," I said in a serious tone like I wasn't joking.

He sighed. "Listen. I'm not telling James about this because I'm that nice. Just don't go somewhere far away again. Especially with Bruno Mars. And uh... you're welcome."

"Pssh. Yeah right," I rolled my eyes. Andrew can be nice sometimes, but never humble.

"So... are you not seeing him again?" he asked.