Chapter 19

Bruno's POV

I was frozen. I didn't want to just run away and leave Persey like I was a huge fucking coward. But she was already screaming and begging so hard for me to run.

All of a sudden, I heard a familiar sound of a car heading to where I was standing. It caught everyone's attention. I turned my head to see it and recognized that it was my Chevy. It looked like it was being driven by a drunken person. If not a drunken person, a person who doesn't even know how to drive.

Ali.

It screeched into a stop alarming everyone. Then Ali popped her head out of the window and shouted, "BRUNO! LET'S GO!"

I wanted to get mad at Ali for driving my car without my permission. She doesn't even own a license! In fact, she knows nothing about driving! I just wanted to burst in anger that moment but there was definitely no time for that now. I was in the brick of losing my fucking life! What was I supposed to do? I seriously should stop being stupid now and run.

But Persey...

I looked at Persey for the last time thinking if I should just leave her there. She looked at me crying. I read her lips say, "Go! I'll be fine." My heart was sinking to my stomach. It's hard to explain what I was feeling. I was fidgeting. I've never been so scared and nervous like this my whole life!

"BRUNO!!!" Ali's shrieking cut my thinking after she was almost shot through the window shield.

I started running towards the car in an adrenaline rush.

"SHOOT HIM!" I heard James shouted.

"Move! I'm driving!" I hysterically screamed at Ali scaring and startling her. Fortunately, I was able to get in the car already before the shooting started. Everything just happened so fast. I progressed the car and started driving it as fast as it can go while they started shooting us, damaging my precious Chevy!

"Who fucking told you you can drive my car?!" I started scolding at Ali. "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A CAR! AND YOU DON'T HAVE FUCKING LICENSE! HOW DID YOU START THIS WITHOUT MY KEY?!"

"Relax! You know what, you should be thanking me instead! I mean, if it wasn't for me, you'd be dead by now!" Ali answered.

 "ARGH! DID YOU STEAL MY DUPLICATE KEY?"

"I DIDN'T STEAL IT! I JUST DID IT TO SAVE YOUR LIFE, YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

I looked at my rearview mirror and saw those black cars still tailing and trying to shoot us. I put more speed on my driving and abruptly made a turn to the left, not anymore minding the scratch my Chevy could get more.

"ARE YOU FOLLOWING US?! IT'S LATE! YOU SHOULDN'T BE OUT!" I continued our argument.

"OKAY, YES! I WAS FOLLOWING YOU! I TOOK A TAXI TO GET TO THE CLUB—"

"YOU WERE ABLE TO GET IN?!"

"NO! I WAS SUPPOSED TO SNEAK IN BUT THEN I SAW THOSE BLACK CARS, THOSE BLACK SUIT GUYS AND THIS STRANGE SCARY OLD MAN WHICH I THOUGHT WAS JAMES! THEY HEADED TO THE BACK OF THE CLUB WITH THEIR CARS AND AFTER A MINUTE I HEARD SCREAMING! I THOUGHT IT WAS PERSEY SO I LOOKED FOR YOUR CAR AND I FOUND IT PARKED IN FRONT OF THE CLUB! GOOD THING I HAD YOUR DUPLICATE KEY IN MY POCKET!"

We were literally screaming at each other like deaf people. Like we were mountains apart.

"ARGH! DON'T DO THAT AGAIN—"

"IF I DIDN'T DO IT, YOU'RE PROBABLY—WATCH OUT, BRUNO!" Ali gave out a really loud shriek as we almost hit a light post. "THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR ARGUING, BRUNO! FOCUS ON THE ROAD!"