ೃ⁀➷ 4 : Here I am

Countless suitcases and people were lined up to catch their buses

Countless suitcases and people were lined up to catch their buses. Nari was about to go in but realised she forgot something and went back inside the building, seeing that Yujin got distracted and missed his turn for the bus, eventually it turned out that there were 4 seats less, as per what was planned.

"We're sorry, but you'll have to go by a car, is that fine?" One of the staff asked. "Oh its alright don't worry about it," Gunwook assured, who also was left out. "The car will be here soon, this should be the plate number, and the driver should look like this alright?" The lady handed out a paper with the information and went back inside asking the four to wait.

"So, its pretty cold isn't it," Hanbyeol spoke, trying to break the awkward silence. "It sure is." Gunwook added. "Oh Yujin, how were you left behind, I didn't think you went back in right?" the boy asked. "Well,uh I got distracted, so, I got lost from my Yuehua group," Yujin pouted.

"Aw, what about you Hanbyeol?"

"There was no seat left by the time I got in,"

"Karma strikes quick right?" Gunwook joked. "Well, I'm sorry for you know earlier..." Hanbyeol sighed. "For what?" confusion rode his face. "You know-the arm wrestling, my feminine pride would be hurt if a boy twerked better than me-so uh-well-"

"Why would you be worried about that? You won fair and square, besides a real man doesn't get offended over that, but seriously how did you do that!" Gunwook assured her, smiling brightly. Hanbyeol didn't realise how he really was kind of cute- no scratch that! "Well I was a gymnast, so most of our strength is right here!" she pointed to her arms. "No wonder!"

Gunwook breathed out a gush of cold, viewing the falling snow that cascaded down the dark night sky, he turned to his left, realising something was wrong. "Hey, Hong Nari, you okay?" he saw a shaking girl, not shaking due to the cold, but she seemed rather anxious, she quickly nodded a weak yes, still not convincing them.

"Nari, don't worry, no one will hurt you," he further said. "Anyone would be scared of you, have you looked at yourself?" Hanbyeol remarked moving towards Nari. "Everything okay?" No answer, Yujin tried asking her, yet she just remained quiet, suddenly she made some sign with her hands, confusing the trio. But then she hissed a breath and removed a pocket diary of some sort from her puffer jacket.

She quickly scribbled down something showing it to them.

"I have selective mutism, I'm sorry I get very overwhelmed around lots of people when they're close to me and they try to talk,"

"Wait so how do you sing?" Yujin suddenly asked, "Oh wait that was rude I meant-"

"I don't really feel scared while singing- that's why I want to be an idol, but its alright, I'll try to speak just give me a few minutes." after a minute they read her note, instantly saying, "Don't pressure yourself!"

"It's okay," a meek voice said. The trio looked at her with sparkling eyes, somehow feeling proud. "Listen, if anyone tries to bully you, just say I'm your friend!" Gunwook smiled. "Same goes with me, I amy not look it but I can easily tackle people even bigger than this giant her!" Hanbyeol chuckled, pointing towards the tall boy. 

"And I can-I'll ask Gyuvin hyung to fight for me," Yujin rubbed his neck as he felt a little useless, until he heard an endearing giggle from his side. This was the first time he saw Nari truly laugh, throughout today, he kept shedding glances towards the girl, but it was only because she was pretty! Why would he like her?

Of course, she looked like the beauty of a golden sunset, and yes her voice did sound like that of a siren, and yes her dance did resemble that of a heavenly angel, and yes his heart did skip a beat each time he looked at her and yes right now, his face did heat up at the sight of her laugh, but that meant nothing, right? right?

"Oh look finally!"

The 4 kids got in the car, after loading their luggage in. "Everyone here?" the driver asked. "Yes!" the four chirped. After a little while, the car became a little quiet, other than the near-silent sound of a pencil scraping against the paper as Yujin and Nari were talking about something on their own. Suddenly Gunwook spoke from the front passenger seat. "Hanbyeol, do you perhaps remember me, from that time?" 

"Uh, I don't follow,"

"Um-about 2019? Park Gunwook, a little less in height and a little lanky?"

"Oh-wait! Oh you're that guy? Wow, I guess you really did follow my advice then," Hanbyeol laughed as Yujin and Nari turned to them. "They're giving me kdrama main lead vibes, we're legit third-wheeling right now," Nari wrote on the notebook, as Yujin chuckled.

-

"YUJIN MY BABY WHERE WERE YOU, DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!" Gyuvin basically tackled Yujin in a hug.

"LEADER-NIM!" Gunwook's team members ran towards their leader.

"HANNIE WHAT THE HELL!" Yumi scolded Hanbyeol for offering others the seat and not getting herself a seat before. 

"NANA ARE YOU OKAY!" Sumin rushed over to Nari, like a mother to her child. 

"They were separated for like 5 minutes," Zhang Hao wondered. "Imagine if you were gone from our group or Ollie went out of your sight," Ricky empathised. "Oh well, okay, that's valid, wait where the hell is Ollie!" Zhang Hao began panicking, scurrying around to find his child. "Oh thank god, he's just there, my heart dropped for a minute," Zhang hao sighed, looking at Ollie near the washroom. 

-

After the trainees were given the t-shirts that they would wear for all the practices according to their star levels, the rules of the first mission were announced. "Oh, so your stars decide your stage position." "And, we'll be re-evaluated? Wow," some of the trainees thought to themselves.

"However, we'll only reveal the songs a day earlier to the K group." 

Sulking, the G group trainees began dispersing the grand hall, some trying to sneak in somehow, but obviously failed in doing so, and without further delay, the song was played. 

"Here I am, mother, here I am to prove you wrong," Nari thought to herself, taking a deep breath in. 

-

"Listen, I don't care how, but make sure Nari isn't able to debut. That girl needs to learn her lesson."

"But Ms.Kang, she's your daughter, isn't it too cruel of you?"

"You don't know how cruel I can get besides, Nari disrespected me, fooling me that she can't talk and here she is, auditioning to be an idol, what a liar."

They say blood is thicker than water, and maybe that's why, those that share your blood drown you with more agony as the denser liquid stops your airflow and eventually your life.