The Daring, Forbidden and Evil - pt. 3

XX

It's one of those days when you believe the world is against you but after the moments of ager, you realise that it's actually quite a beautiful world.

You got up early. You had class and you were already running late. All up until you opened the door and saw an empty classroom. You couldn't hear yourself think from your heavily beating heart, so you checked the number of the classroom and realised that it was correct.

"Did I mess up?" you asked yourself and continued to look at the door, then thinking if they transferred in those two minutes you were late but that wouldn't be possible, could it?

Could it?!

You looked around at the empty corridor, finding no soul in your eyesight and you scowled, throwing your head into your hands.

You could have slept. You could have gone to breakfast. You could have done so many things after running to the other side of the castle to find and empty classroom.

It was one of those days. Now, you had no energy to move or go to any other class you had later on.

"I wish grand-mere was here." you whispered and sat down on the cold floor. It was moments like this that you missed your one and only family member that really cared for you. She would never transfer you for the last two years of magic school because it was closer to family. She would never put you so far away from all the things you have known in life. All of your friendships you had established, your projects, your true happiness.

Now, you were stuck somewhere in the middle of an awful weather, sitting on the cold floor with nobody and nothing there to comfort you.

Yes, you missed your grandmother more than you let on into the world. You just had no idea how to process grief at your age. All your life you felt the tears have been a sign of weakness. Even though your grandmother was the best person in the family, she was still a Lestrange and a Lestrange never cried. Perhaps that was why your father never showed much emotions except for you and your grandmother. You never saw him cry, not even on his worst days.

Sometimes you thought if he cried when grand-mother died but does he even know she is gone? Does he know his only daughter is somewhere in the middle of nowhere, taken care of her mother's side of the family.

You laughed a bit at the face your father would make if he found out you were with the Black side of the family, or the Malfoys. He preferred you to be as far away from that side of the family as he could.

"Nobody told you, have they?" you heard a chuckle from above.

You looked up and saw a bunch of red hair sticking out the opening. He was smiling sincerely, as if he was actually quite happy to see you and for the first time since you have come here, this smile sent a spark to light up your heart again.

You smiled widely as well, getting up on your feet and leaning over the opening as well. "You knew?"

"I didn't but I, unlike you probably, talk to my roommates." he winked and you rolled your eyes.

"We have different schedules for this year and we talk." you jumped on the shelf with one leg hanging on each side. He jumped as well and mimicked your position. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was supposed to meet Fred but I found you instead." he grinned even wider, showing up his dimples that you had no clue he had up until he was this close to you. "Been quite stuck in a rut whether I should tell you or not, since you've got to keep your reputation."

You laughed and kicked his foot with yours. "I was joking about that. I'm a jokester."

"Are you now?" he asked intrigued.

"Oh, yes. There was a whole comedy show back in France."

"You're from France?"

"I'm from here but I grew up there."

"I thought they hid you away in sum rotten hole in Kazakhstan."

You laughed again. "You didn't even know I existed up until two months ago."

"I know... but people talk." he wiggled his eyebrows and you laughed... again. You just laughed with him, which you haven't really done in such a long time.

When you calmed down, you caught his eyes looking at you, observing you and so you asked. You asked because you didn't trust people easily. "So if people talk, how come you're talking to me?"

He looked away, gazing at the distance as if he didn't know whether he should make a joke or be serious. It was quite a conflict when it came to this but unlike you, he trusted people easily. "If people talk, why are you talking to me?"

"What do you mean?" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"You're with the Malfoys, I bet they told you all about the Weasleys."

You were stuck on the spot because sudden realisation hit you when he said that. The two of you seemed to be in the same position when it comes to reputation. One bad, one worse, one poor, one evil, but what connected you was one family.

"They did." you answered and pulled your legs up on the shelf, crossing them over. "But you're nothing they said you were."

He smiled faintly and jumped down, offering you a hand. You eyed it for a moment and took it. Usually when you took a boy's hand it was cold and clammy but not his. His hand was soft and warm, nothing compared to what you held. The only discomfort was the roughness of them. They were a bit harsh on the surface but when he grabbed your hand, it was firm and gentle - as if that roughness was only there to be there.

You jumped on your feet but he still held your hand. You didn't let go either. You felt as if your feet sunk into the ground and you couldn't move a muscle. Your stomach was tugging from the inside out and you could feel yourself sweat on all the wrong places.

"You're not what they said you were either." he smiled before letting go of your hand and walking away, leaving you there, melting into the ground.