Cherished Moments

PAIRING: Longbottom!reader x George Weasley

xx

I wanted it to be easy. I really did. Everything my brother and I did, was together. Now... all I know is that it shouldn't have been this way. It just shouldn't.

First year

We were both scared for our lives. Neville was desperate to be in a Hufflepuff while I was more keen on being sorted into Slytherin. I found the Slytherin house intimidating yet misunderstood and it made my grandmother infuriated to think like this. She wanted both of us in Gryffindor, just like our parents.

What truly happened on the Sorting day was that Neville was sorted into Gryffindor, just like our grandmother wanted while the Sorting hat on my head screamed " HUFFLEPUFF!" loud and clear.

I guess I should have noticed how the Sorting hurt Neville. Either it was him in Hufflepuff and me in Slytherin or we were both in Gryffindor. Guess, everything took a different turn for us.

Second year

The report card came and our grandmother was thrilled...for one of us. She noticed our grades were quite different from each other's. Neville was more advanced in Herbology and History of magic than Potions and Defense against the Dark Arts as I was. Our grades were a bit similar at Charms and Transfiguration but as much as we didn't want to be pointed out, our grandmother didn't care. She said that I was maybe not a Gryffindor like them but I sure got their talent.

I'd be lying if I said that hearing that didn't make me happy and proud of myself. However, when I saw Neville holding his report card and frowning, I felt awful. I told him he shouldn't care about the grades or about anything our grandmother told us, our parents would be proud of us no matter the grades.

But that didn't compare to his short temper and jealousy. He pushed me away and was never the same to me again.

Third year

When the third year came nothing changed. He was still distant and being in different houses wasn't helping. People kept whispering about us not even saying hi at each other which was definitely true. When he ignored me, pushed me away, didn't even want to look at me... I felt torn, torn that my own twin brother disliked me.

I tried to lower my grades, maybe not to make such a big difference between us and our report cards but Professor Sprout knew me and she knew what I was doing by lowering my grades. I still remember what she told me the day she asked me to her office. " Don't help others by hurting yourself."

Fourth year

That year was the year "we" and "our" became "I" and "mine". I turned fourteen years that year and that was the age I finally realized I was done trying to make him forgive me for something that wasn't even my fault anymore.

I started dressing differently, acting differently...I didn't want to be the Hufflepuff wanting to be around my own brother. I didn't want to be the Hufflepuff who was rejected by him as well.

I made a lot of friends that year, so many that I was actually surprised by how many people would like me. I always, just like Neville, had low self-confidence and when I opened up to people, they accepted me.

When the Yule Ball came I heard he was going with Ginny Weasley. She was also a Gryffindor, really beautiful as well, brave, nice, kind,... I couldn't find anything to dislike that girl because she was really great.

I, however, went with a 7th year, Oliver Wood. I know there was a three year gap between us but he was my Charms tutor since the first year and I just couldn't help myself but develop a crush on him. Of course, we went as friends but I'd be lying to myself if I said that his yes didn't make me so overjoyed.