The Daring, Forbidden and Evil - pt. 10

XX

You stood in front of the mirror, not knowing exactly how to react to the reflection that ws staring back at you. You didn't want to smile at her anymore. You didn't want to look like her anymore.

He said she was sick but she chose another man, a villian over you and there was rage inside of you that didn't want to look like her anymore. You didn't want that anymore.

You grabbed a pair of scissors and choped a big chunk of your hair. You cried as you did so. You always heard people cried when they chop their hair and you thought that was the most pathetic thing to do because it's only hair. In your case, it presented your lineage, the lineage of family that you weren't really proud of.

You held a big chunk of her hair in your hand and you cried as you threw it in the toilet. You grabbed the other half and just started to cut it up. You didn't want her hair. You wanted your hair. You didn't want her smile, you wanted your smile.

All those years of repressing your emotions for your own mother, finally came to light and you- well, you were ready to literally cut her off. Your hair presented that for you. It styled your whole image, the image you portrayed to be all these years and now you were becoming somebody new. You became somebody you've always wanted. Yourself.

You won't tell anybody about your actions. You decided that. You won't tell George about what you did by telling the Malfoys about their secrecy and to be honest, it wasn't anything new. They couldn't get to it and you never told them about Sirius- which now, you knew it was the right choice. You won't tell the Malfoys that over the break when you stayed there, it was their last time seeing you.

You planned to stay in Hogwarts until you graduate and then immediately move back to France. Your grandmother's friend is a traveller, they wouldn't find you even if anybody searched for you.

But then there's George. Sweet boy George...

George hasn't heard from you until he got back. He wrote you a couple of messages and sent them over but there was no reply. It wasn't like he could just go over the Slytherin house without knowing the password that you always told him to whenever he was about to sneak in. He also knew that you'd probably had a rough week over the Malfoys.

"You alright mate?" asked Fred, seeing his brother staring at the ceiling for 15 minutes straight as he only played with the Rubic's cube, not intending to really solve it.

George slowly sat up and looked at his brother. "I know you don't like her, Fred." he said and Fred only watched. "I've wondered how I trust he when I shouldn't- her mother did monstrousities... but..." he shook his head and looked up at his brother. "You, out of all people know what's it like being judged by your family."

Fred turned on his chair and let out a deep breath. "I won't give you shit about it, Georgie." he said. "I don't trust her but she hasn't done anything to prove that- either way anyway." he said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I just think-" he was suddenly interrupted by a knock on their door.

Fred and George looked at each other with a confused look on their face. Literally nobody knocks except the Head of the house. And he can't just shout to come in if it is professor McGonagall.

Fred got up and opened the door only slightly. When he saw who it was, he widened his eyes and opened the door completely.

He grinned at the sight and crossed his arms again, leaning back. "Trying new looks?" he asked and you gave him a matching smile in return.

"Here and there." you replied. "Is George here?" you asked but his brother appeared closely behind him, gaping at the sight.

"Your hair?!" he gasped but you flushed as he did so, feeling embarrassed at the sight.